Saturday, July 16, 2011

a gift of thanks

Dear Mom,

Can you believe I actually remembered your birthday on time this year? It's amazing, I know.

I thought this year for your birthday, I'd just say thanks.

Thanks for always having a coke in the fridge for me at your house.
Thanks for being available at a moment's notice - like when you stayed with my kids until midnight on halloween so Josh and I could go to the OU game.

Thanks for being willing to help in any way you can...like rushing to WalMart for me to pick up black tights for Emma the night of her Christmas play when I was parenting solo.
Thanks for playing with my kids and loving them so well. They love Meemster.
Thanks for all the thoughtful little gifts you give - aprons, sticker books, piggy banks...there's always something that reminds you of us.
Thanks for just being around. I'm so glad you've been able to hug and read and play and laugh.
Happy Birthday, Dondon. We all love you so much!

1 comment:

Donna said...

I am just fighting back tears. Thank you so much, Rachel!!! Just priceless...all I can say. :)
I love you,
Mom
Meemster
Meems
Don Don
Mimi