Dear Adventures of mama and little eggroll readers,
Papa Eggroll here. Just wanted to put a quick word up on the blog about Mama Eggroll. We had to travel last week in order to renew our passports, and the day we arrived back home, Mama Eggroll began having some pain in her side. Now Mama Eggroll is honestly one of the toughest people I know, but she was really hurting (she had two kids natural for goodness sake and you would have thought she was going for a walk). Anyway, after a possible tubal pregnancy scare (which it wasn't, the baby is fine) and after an appendicitis scare (which it wasn't), we have now traveled to a different country in order to get the treatment needed for Mama Eggroll.
She is doing well. She has been in the hospital since early Sunday morning our time. Essentially, she has been diagnosed with an infection in her kidney, and so she is on antibiotics until it clears up and then we'll be on our way back home (our house) after a few days of rest and some Cheese Fries and AwesomeBlossom.
Emma said something funny, yet perceptive last week as we had to travel to renew our passports. (we've now been out of our home 8 of the last 9 nights). We were staying in a serviced apartment since it offers more ammenities and multiple rooms at a lower price, and we told Emma we were going back home (we meant the serviced apartment). She said, "mama, the hotel is a hotel; the hotel is not our home; our home is our home." Exactly like that. Logical just like Papa Eggroll. She's so cute. But it really told us a lot of where she is thinking: (1) she knows when we're "not at home" now, and (2) she associates our apartment in the city we live in as home. She will only think of our home state in the USA as mama and daddy's home and where we go when we go to the USA. It's strange for me and Rachel to think about that sometimes because I want her to feel the same pride towards my hometown as I do when I think about my hometown and my home state. She'll feel her own sense of pride but toward something different I suppose--maybe growing up with multiple cultures and speaking multiple languages? Who knows?
Please remember them today to our Father: ask for good rest for all of us, obedience to daddy, patience for daddy, and most of all, that Mama Eggroll would be healed quickly.
5 comments:
OH WOW! I am so sorry to hear about this news, but SO thankful you guys were able to make it out of country and find that all is indeed well with the baby. I will be praying that she is healed up quickly and that you guys can enjoy the city a bit before heading home.
I am guessing you guys are in the country where my girls are from - we get there on the 17th - stick around so we can play a bit!!
Love you all!!
Erica & fam
Love you so much Josh! Hang in there..we're all praying for Rach, you, Emma and Mantha.
Hi all of you dear eggrolls,
Thanks so much for this update. We are thinking of you tons and so, so glad to hear that the baby is ok and that it looks like Rachel will be all right soon.
We're on the road again, or still, however you look at it. Love to you all tonight from outside Toledo, OH!
Love,
Rachel, for the gang
Hello! It's been about four years since we've seen you guys! I just started working with Candace at UCO. She told me about your blog. It has been fun to see how your family has changed! Your girls are beautiful!
Our email is bwatkins1997@yahoo.com . If you give us your email, we can send you pictures of our two boys, Gage and Logan.
And we have to ask, have you taken down your Christmas tree, yet?
Take care,
Brad and Jennifer
My Rachie: My heart breaks for you and Josh--in fact I don't think I have cried that hard since Don died. I know all the airy things that people expect you to think--and I know that ou and Josh are secure in knowing God is totally in control and is always with you. But so wonderful that you have each other--so love each other and love the girls--as all of us do---wish I could love you and weep with you and hold you in my arms. You are both such wonderfully strong people--God bless y ou eveery moment. I love y ou all so much. Nana
Post a Comment