Sunday, July 22, 2007

the laziness has taken over

I'm out of the hosptial, hallelujah, and minus one kidney stone. the stone incident didn't happen exactly the way they thought it would - the stone broke up into jillions of tiny peices while they were tryign to take it out - so they had to come out manually, so to speak...but it wasn't as bad as it could have been. When the largest peice of kidney stone came out, it was no bigger than a sesame seed, and I was so happy to get it out, I just rolled my eyes and gave it to the nurse. No cussing, you'll be pleased to know. :)

but now, I'm home from the hospital and having truly happy birthday times. Except that I'm feeling so tired and lazy. Today we went to hard rock cafe for lunch and ate some killer nachos (still as good as last time, paul and alicia!) and went to toys r' us down the street to stock up on a few necessary items - assorted crayola craft items, gerber finger food-ish things, touchable bubbles (thanks for the idea, erica!) and a new pop-up tent and tunnels to give the girls something to do on those days when it's just too (hot/rainy/cold/etc) to go outside.

And now, here I am, sitting on the couch, unable to move. The laziness has taken over. I can barely reach over the side of the couch to get more cheetos out of the bag. truly, this is the life. When can I move to hong kong?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet Rachel...after all you've been through....you need to just take it easy. While we were on vacation the day of your birthday and I was fretting.....I got a big bag of cheetos and just devoured it. It felt good knowing I was eating something you also loved and was the only way I could somehow share in the joy of your birthday. How can so much go on in less than a two week period of time? I just wanted you to know that this birthday was a painful one for you...but it was the most painful birthday of yours that I have ever had. My heart ached for you and yet I know that your life has and is safely in the palm of His hands. This last week...I kept reminding myself of that over and over and over. I love you and we will celebrate your birthday soon.

Mom

Anonymous said...

My Rach: Take all the time you need to chill out. I hope your househelper-friend is still on call when you get home. My heart is following you, honey. Nana

Kathy Hamilton said...

Rachel,
I wish I could hug you, so I'll just have to do it with words. I hope you had chocolate chips cookies along with those cheetos. Rest and enjoy your time here. I'm so glad I got to see you and talk with you on the phone.
Love Kathy

Rachel said...

Hey Rach,
I totally agree with your mom. I think you should stay on the couch for the next two weeks or so, put Josh in charge of the girls, and just relax and recoup! I'm glad HK has provided some yummy foods for you, at least. Have some Starbucks for me while you're there . . . just kidding.

By the way, I guess since your birthday post I am forever labeled as an addict. I didn't realize it was that bad, but perhaps I'm in denial. :)

I want you to know that I celebrated your birthday in grand style by going to see "Oklahoma!" in which John's sister Sarah was the main leading lady. She did a great job! I had a few chuckles remembering how Josh reacted when John and I tried to convince him that musicals were fun. But, in honor of your birthday and your native state, I would like to quote these profound words from the final song of the show:

"And when we say . . . yeow! Ah-yip-aye-oh-ee-aye . . . Wow! We're only saying, 'you're doing fine, Oklahoma' Oklahoma, OK!"

There you have it. Truer words have never been spoken.

Happy birthday again! Love to you and the family too,
Rachel