Yesterday I had to take the girls out to buy a few things at the grocery store before heading out of town tomorrow (yes, there will be a brief slowdown in blogs...). Trips to the store with both of the girls are rare, because (ok, friends at home, don't kill me...) my house helper usually goes for and does all my grocery shopping. But there was some reason; I can't now remember what it was, but there was a reason.
Anyway, we got to the store and after a short debate between the girls about who go to sit in the front and who got to stand, it just so happened that one of the cool carts with the Car attached to the front became open. Jackpot. Both girls "drove" the car around the store.
Then, after a quick play time at KFC (their playland is much cleaner and hidden away from the crowds than the McD's), we headed out to get a taxi, and a lady at the door was passing out McDonald's coupons. Let it be known here that we don't actually use the coupons, because they are usually for strange items that we don't buy, but I always do feel left out because I never seem to be in the right place at the right time to get the coupons. It feels as though I'm back in junior high again, trying to be in the "in" crowd. Except the "in" crowd here means getting coupons. Anyway, forgive the rant; the point it,I got coupons! Jackpot #2.
Then we walked down the street to our local import store, and it was fully stocked with Tortilla chips. Need I even say it? Jackpot #3.
Tomorrow we head out of town for a few days to check out some stuff in another place. It should be a fun and happy time. Emma is jazzed because she gets to use her new pull suitcase that mimi and g brought for her, and it's loaded to the gills with snacks, books, and toys that could not - I mean, absolutely could not -be left at home. Oh, to be a three year old. :)
Adios and have a good day.
No comments:
Post a Comment