Saturday, April 24, 2010

to dye for

When you can't think of a good itle for a post, reverting to worn-out cliches is always a good idea, don't you think?

And, for once in my life, I have some really great pictures to post from our current hong kong trip...but I'm trying to stay in chronological order for fear I will never go back and post these.

Several weeks ago when Josh was out of town, my friend Amy's husband was also out of town. Two husbands out of town usually means that two wives end up spending lots of free time together!

One evening we went over to Amy's house to dye Easter eggs. Emma took her usual spot next to Alex, Samantha went to sit under Savannah's tutelage, and Peter (not pictured here) let his engineering mind go crazy with mixing colors on his easter eggs.

They just seem to gravitate toward each other. (*And, while we've been here in Hong Kong, Emma's #1 prayer request? "God, please help Alex not to miss me too much while I'm gone." Sheesh!)
Savannah is so great to take the extra time to help samantha. Samantha looks up to her so much and always enjoys the "big girl" influence.



Amy was actually using these for an Easter party she was hosting; I had no use for the eggs, so I only contributed my lamely decorated eggs to her stack.
This post seriously needs a sequel. It feels terribly lacking.

Be advised. Sequel is coming.

2 comments:

mlambchopper said...

Any update from you with pictures of the little girls and/or you and Josh is worth reading. And, of course, inquiring minds were wondering...How is Emma doing w/o Alex?
I'm rephrasing. Any blog with or w/o pictures is worth reading.
We love you!

Cassie said...

You have probably already thought of this, but it just struck me that there is a movie called, "Alex and Emma". Cute pictures as always!