a picture is worth a thousand bullet points

- Today is my birthday.
- We just got back from a 10-day trip full of lots of walking, traveling, and etc...and I'm tired.
- My family came over with a big red box - full of that fab cookie cake that I love so much.
- Since it's the first birthday I've spent with them in many years, I didn't feel embarrassed at all that I made them pose with me (and the cake) several times.
- Isn't my family cute?
- I hope I'm as cute as my mom when I'm 50+.
- I know that's not possible, because I'm not as cute as my mom now, even though I'm only....29.
- Isn't my sister cute? I have another sister too, who is also very cute...but since she lives in Hawaii right now, I have taken an oath not to feel sorry for her for missing my birthday.
- But she, too, is very cute.
- Doesn't my brother look like he would have caused so much ruckus when he was little? It's true. He did. But he was a great brother. Brothers are supposed to cause ruckuses. My girls are about to have a brother. I hope they like ruckuses.
- My dad always takes perfect pictures. He's very photogenic and it's very annoying to me.
- They're all dressed alike because they came straight from VBS to deliver the cookie cake to us.
- Do you see those little christmas plates on the table? Those are from my china-home. I brought them with me because they're perfect for everything and we use them so much. It makes me feel a little nostalgic to use them for my cookie cake.
- What's that? You like the floral wallpaper? You didn't know floral wallpaper was my style? Come on now, people! You should know me better than that! [Just kidding - the floral wallpaper was not my choice! But the house we're staying in has lots of room and the group providing it is so very gracious, I'm happy to look at the floral wallpaper!]
- Why am I always pregnant in pictures?
- I had three pieces of cookie cake.
- Then after everyone left and I was cleaning up the dishes, I ate the leftover pieces on their plates. They're family after all. The germs from them are negligible.
- My girls sang songs with my family and told knock-knock jokes during our birthday festivities. It's so fun to watch them soak up being with family.
- During our nighttime prayers, Emma thanked God that everyone sang Happy Birthday to her mommy. They were so excited that their mama had a party.
- Samantha prayed that God would help me be a good mommy and also not be angry all the time. [Am I angry all the time? Or was she just praying against me being angry all the time? I don't think I'm angry all the time...]
- I'm so glad I don't have to ride another plane or travel to another place for a long, long time.
- When you have little kids, travel is hard no matter where you are. Traveling in Asia has its challenges, but so does traveling in America.
- The girls will go to Josh's parents tomorrow night and Josh and I are going out for my birthday. No fancy linen tablecloths for us...we're headed to a local BBQ place for dinner. I'm excited to spend the evening with him!
- The end.
4 comments:
Rach!
* You are cute.
* You are especially cute pregnant.
* I think the family picture is adorable.
* I'm glad you had a good trip, and I'm glad you don't have to go anywhere for a long while!
* Yay for cookie cake!
* Yay for BBQ and nights out without kids!
* And oh yes, Happy Birthday!
Love,
Rachel
Happy Happy Birthday Rachel!
We are so thankful you are in the US and will get to spend some time "on the ground" for awhile.
No one looks as good and cute as your mother at 50+ !!!!!
But she has always been cute and sweet:)
You are darling....pregnant and otherwise:)
Have a fun evening with Josh.
Sending you bunches of hugs.
Marilyn
Sweet Rach: I have totally bombed on birthdays. I did get your phone number from Minday at noon today. I loved the birthday pictures--such a wonderful group. They wanted so much to celebate your birthday but I knew you'd be soooo tird. Honey, I am getting this message to your through the blob because my e-mail and computer are really on the fritz. When you have a moment, call me. Let me know what the doctor says tomorrow. I love you all and absolutely must see all of you some more. Nana
LOVE the post!!
First of all,
Happy Birthday!!!!
I hope you have a great time celebrating with your family, and an even greater time celebrating on a date!! Enjoy that BBQ, enjoy the lack of planes, and yes your family is cute and yes your Mom looks all of 30, but you totally look awesome too!!
Post a Comment