It was Sunday night. We were all feeling a little yuck and a lot tired. It had been a full day already, so Josh and I decided to stay home instead of going to our small group.
Later in the evening, the kiddos and I were outside playing...just lazing around outside, looking for any excuse to be out in the beautiful weather.
As I watched my children playing so happily, I ran inside to grab my camera. Childhood joy should be remembered!
I was so pleased to see Samantha in a mood to take pictures. At some period in her past, we casually remarked how she makes weird faces in pictures and it became a self-fulfilling prophecy. I think it's even made her hesitant to take pictures. [Now there's all the evidence I need to think and consider more carefully the words I speak!]
Anyway, back to Puppy FooFoo. She was being silly, but it was a fun and childlike silly.



Samantha was receiving lots of grace and patience from the Lord, because she was overflowing with love for Abby tonight. She played with her in the dirt, tried (unsuccessfully) to teach her how to use the rope swing, and played chase with her in the grass. All was going great until Abby tripped and face-planted in the grass."Abby sad!" she cried to me. "Abby hurt!"
Like any good mother, I kept snapping pictures.
Honestly, I don't have many pictures of my kids crying...so I kept clicking away.
Samantha was quick to offer her comfort and distraction. "I'll drive you in the car!" she suggested.
Abby happily agreed.
Happily, indeed.
I was so thankful I grabbed my camera when I did. The sun was setting, shining through the trees in our backyard and I just felt like this picture captured the spirit of the evening - gracious love between sisters.
I was getting all sentimental, but they weren't. They were still playing.
Silas was chilled out and watching all the action.
We played until the girls were so dirty I couldn't bear to let them dig any longer.
Like any good mother, I kept snapping pictures.
Honestly, I don't have many pictures of my kids crying...so I kept clicking away.
Samantha was quick to offer her comfort and distraction. "I'll drive you in the car!" she suggested.
Abby happily agreed.
Happily, indeed.
I was so thankful I grabbed my camera when I did. The sun was setting, shining through the trees in our backyard and I just felt like this picture captured the spirit of the evening - gracious love between sisters.
I was getting all sentimental, but they weren't. They were still playing.
Silas was chilled out and watching all the action.
We played until the girls were so dirty I couldn't bear to let them dig any longer. It was a great end to a lovely weekend.
Happy Monday to you all!
10 comments:
you have gorgeous GORGEOUS children!!
of course you do!! you're a gorgeous mama!!
great pics!!
explain to me how your kids can look SOOOO much alike and yet SOO different!! :)
THEY ARE ADORABLE!! Great pictures!
E
What's up with little Samantha not being so little anymore. So cute. By the way, we are in need of a little Carrollo update.
What can I say???Nana, you have such gorgeous grandchildres---and Rachel--wonderful , lovely girl.
Love the photo of your two girls with the sun pop in the background!
love those tiny, gorgeous girls!! how cute is silas chillin out in a lawn chair? what fun memories you captured!
holls
Awesome sunflare effect, rach. Better get your fill of those before coming back this way!
Beautiful girls playing so sweetly...and then...there's Prince Silas. I love him so much! :)
Mom
Love the photos! Such sweet sister love. Silas looks pretty cozy too! hugs.
Upon reviewing this post, I have decided the last picture of Abby and Samantha is "one" of my all time favorite pictures of Samantha and adorable Abby. ;) When I can't sleep at 1:00 in the morning, I seem to go back and read a few blogs or play catch up. ;)
Mom
Post a Comment