Monday, May 23, 2011

because we all scream for...

yeah, yeah....ice cream.

It's hard to believe that one year ago, my girls had never ever tasted Braums ice cream. In fact, they had lived a life of sketchy-quality ice cream consumption.

Never fear, they have crossed over from death to life.

Abby can recognize the Braum's sign from a half mile away. Sunday afternoon, Emma asked me - using secret code, no less - if we could go to braums after church. Impressed by her coding efforts, I said yes. As we drove there and the sign was spotted by our resident ice-cream-sign-spotter, Abby yells:

"Hi Braums! I'm comin'!"

That story is 100% true and factual.

We've made it matter of priority to stop at Braums (and Rusty's Frozen Custard) as often as possible. Josh likes to surprise the girls with a stop for ice cream after he picks them up from their church class. We'll go when they've reached a certain milestone in school. Or we'll go just because I want to go, and quite frankly...who's going to argue with me?

On this particular visit-
we were celebrating Emma finishing her year of school. I could say we were celebrating ME finishing the year of school, because I have an aversion to finishing projects. I'm really glad my lack of discipline hasn't hampered her educational progress too much!

We were all happy to share in Emma's celebration. She celebrated with Cookies and Cream in a waffle cone:
Samantha shook things up and got soft-serve frozen yogurt in a waffle cone:
Abby got her usual: strawberry in a cup:
Reason #253 to Homeschool:
Reason #254:
Not that ice cream needs a reason...

3 comments:

sandra said...

I've never had Braums, but I'm definitely willing to try! YUM.

O Fam said...

Believe me when I say that I am very soon going to yell, "Hi Braums! I'm coming!" The sketchy ice-creamish thing here is a sad thing. Even Mr. Magnum doesn't quite cut it anymore.

Donna said...

Now, I can't quit thinking about Braum's. I've had ice cream from there twice in a week...that's a LOT for me! :)
I'll forever think of sweet, happy Abby and her, "Hi, Braums, I'm coming!"
Mom