Monday, August 15, 2011

First tooth gone!

With the ability to blab all my news real-time via Facebook, I sometimes wonder what's the use in sharing news through my blog. But I love that I can blab all my news on Facebook AND on my blog and then I just keep inundating you with my news.

Not that the last month has been an inundation of my news.

Anyway. This is a Public Service Announcement to alert you that not only has my oldest child has lost a tooth, but I have the pictures to prove it.

Picture #1 - Tooth still in. At this point in the Tooth Drama, Josh is sitting in his armchair with the heebie jeebies because loose teeth freak him out. I had no idea this was true until the time came for Emma's tooth to come out. I offered to pull it for him, but I think he felt like it was his Fatherly Duty.

With all the talk of teeth, Abby was convinced her teeth were loose. She was constantly raising her hand, saying, "Me too! Me too!"
Instead of just yanking that tooth out, Josh wanted to pull it out with string. I thought that seemed more heebie-jeebie inducing than just a quick jerk, but the string seemed to set him at ease. Emma was brave and awesome and totally ready to lose that tooth.
And voila! There's a hole in her mouth where that tooth used to be!
There is a fun book that our girls enjoy looking at called Throw Your Tooth on the Roof that shows various tooth traditions from around the world. It's fun to see that not everyone knows about the Tooth Fairy, but almost every culture seems to do something!

Now that Emma has lost her first tooth, we're still waiting for Silas first tooth to arrive! Almost a year old and not a single tooth!

7 comments:

sandra said...

So exciting!

Donna said...

What a delight to see pictures for this great story which does DELIGHT my heart! I'm up (can't sleep from hernia surgery) and this just makes my night...umm, I mean morning. :)
Can't wait to skype soon. How I miss my girl and my babos. I love you all so very, very much.
A little misty....
Meems

Rachel said...

Cute!!! What a fun mile marker. Ali can't wait to lose a tooth!

Leanne said...

Ha! Brave girl! Julia's 2 bottom ones are quite wiggly, but when I asked her if she wants me to take them out, it's a def. 'no!' ;)

We're praying for you (and for your mom - Mrs. Donna! too!)!

Leanne said...

hi emma

Congratulations on loosing your first tooth. I have a loose tooth and it's going to fall out too, and I am about to start school at home. I love you Emma. You are my best friend. Have a happy time in China. What it is like in China? I want you to be back here so we can play together. Have a happy day. And have a happy night.

julia

Becky said...

Congratulations, Emma!!!

Donna said...

Just have to say...I love the last picture here of Josh and Emma...a daughter with her dad...priceless! :)