So, I've been a little hesitant to start a blog, mostly because it's just one more thing to keep up with. But since most of my friends have them and I, of course, want to be seen as cool, hip and trendy, I decided to start one too. Actually, the more acute problem was that living in the States afforded me no interesting events to blog on. My life was pretty mundane and not really blog-worthy. Now that I'm back living overseas again, the blog factor is kicked up a notch.
Our transition back to our asia-home has been harder on my girls than I thought it would be. Well, that's not entirely true. Samantha is pretty much ok as long as she gets to eat and gets hugs, cuddles and smiles every day. Emma has been another story. If Emma doesn't get her afternoon nap (remember, she's 18 months now) everyone's day is history. Since arriving, her naptime has been really sporadic and we just pray that she goes down each day with as little fuss as possible. After having so many issues with going down for the nap peacefully, I was surprised when I put her down the other day. I gave her her kisses, her blanket, and this little stuffed animal she stole (but was then given to her) from her friend Clara Anne's house and left the room. I didn't hear a peep. I waited and waited, but all was quiet. I started doing the laundry and cleaning our floors (which, in our dusty and polluted city, seems to be a never-ending task). I breathed a sigh of relief, glad that at least one day came and went with no drama. Then, thirty minutes into her "naptime" I hear a mysterious thud from inside her room. I send josh to go in and check on her. When I hear nothing from him, I walk in to see for myself.
There sits Emma, our little "sleeping" emma, in her pack and play, covered in baby wipes. Somehow, she managed to pull the dispenser of baby wipes from a nearby shelf, and during those thirty quiet minutes she must have thoroughly enjoyed herself, pulling the wipes out one by one. For all the emma advocates out there, the story does not have a happy ending. Emma was flicked multiple times for the infraction (made much more serious because she has been told many times that wipes are off-limits). Well, anyway, she actually went to sleep after that. Amazing.
4 comments:
It's great to have you in the blog realm. It has surely been lacking without your incredible ability to weave together a story. I look forward to many laughs, although hearing of Emma getting flicks doesn't make me laugh. =(
Althought the identity is anonymous you should, maybe, know who this is. Looking forward to hearing many stories and adventures.
I was thinking your eggrolls needs a dora drumset... How much is shipping?
I am anonymous.
Glad to hear all about the girls and Daddy Josh ! Keep them in line !
Great Granpa
Post a Comment