You are all aware of our attempt to curtail frivolous spending around our house here, which means no unnecessary chocolate purchases. But the truth is, I don't feel like a meal is complete until something sweet has been eaten. (that's the real reason we have made so many trips to the little store that is on the first floor of our building!)
But even though we aren't making any new purchases of chocolate, I didn't figure that the ban existed on already owned chocolate. So in an attempt to maneuver around the ban, I busted out some cocoa and a stash of Reese's peanut butter chips and did it the old fashioned way - by hand.
There were some delicious chewy chocolate peanut butter cookies that came out of my oven, let me tell you. And it made enough to last at least through this week. Yay! :) We'll just have to make a new plan for next wekk...
In other news, as I sit here on my bed and type my post, I have realized that I am not the onl sneaky one in the family. In the last two minutes, Emma managed to sneakily and quietly get out of her bed. It's late - well, at least for her! It's 9:20 and she went to bed at 8:00. That means she's been playing, talking, praying, singing or doing whatever else she does for over an hour. We heard a little pitter-patter outside our door, and she immediately informed us of the reason for the infraction: poopoo, she said with great gusto (hoping it would save her from certain punishment). Fortnuatley for her, she was telling the truth (which doesn't always happen when it comes to bodily functions) so she was indeed spared.
So, four cookies heavier, all the sneaky eggrolls sign off for the night. Have fun, kate. :)
3 comments:
haha emma is a little sneaky mcsneakster.. i love it... I had one final today. it was public speaking-- i know i know... why am I in public speaking-- I am so good on stage-- it was a necessity for a major even though I dont PERSONALLY need it :) my econ final is in 1 week from today-- If I made a B on the final I can get a C in the class. thats what I'm aiming for! wish me luck.
love you and your blog and your quite entertaining family :)
You're mom's right...chocolate and pasta ...and loving family:)
I have decided it's all genetic...
mother must have something sweet at the end of every meal. She is our dessert maker. Right now we have banana bread, bread pudding, and divinity available and she was planning the holiday sweet treat schedule when I left the house this morning.
KT, good luck on the finals.
I begin giving them here this morning. I will be as glad to get to the holiday break as my students.
Love you all much
Marilyn
Rach: I love your blogs--helps me keep up with people I might not otherwise hear from. Bob's favorite of anything is peanut butter cookies-now I have never been a cookie maker-but I have changed--so we always have peanut butter cookies--served with crunchy peanut butter on top of the cookie---I remember all your mother's strawberry cream and Hostess things--isn't she a darling Nana
Post a Comment