I borrowed one of emma's newest verbalisms for my post today. Every thing she says is SO something:
my toy is SO broken
my finger is SO hurt
mantha's hands are SO dirty
I am SO grouchy
No kidding, those are all things that have come out of her mouth recently. More favorites include the "compoo-ger" and todays reflection, "No, mommy, blanket wants to go with me," when I told her after her nap that blanket needed to stay in her bed. She cracks me up.
But tonight for a brief moment, everyone was having drama. And what better time to have drama than bath time, I ask you? Well, emma has recently enjoyed jumping in the tub...yes, jumping. This is a relatively new skill for her, I mean, actually being able to get both feet off the ground at the same time. Her previous jump attempts were funky, little skipping things. But now that she can really jump, she wants to do it all the time. Even in the bath. I usually let it slide because I'm in there the whole time and can keep an eye on her antics, but tonight I had reason to put an indefnite stop to all the horseplay. In mid jump, her nose and mouth crashed down on the side of the bath, causing tears and blood to spew forth in nanoseconds. We got her out of the bath, cleaned up, and then of course, she wanted back in. So in she went, and mantha too...my two little naked jaybirds running around the house during bathtime first-aid intermission. Mantha herself had quite the little scare exploring her own newfound skill of unassisted bath time, though maybe I'll sit just a tad closer from now on...
Anyway, all is well here. I'm gorging on 3 Musketeer bars (parents are so great. who could live without their parents? Not me, I tell you.) and happy to report that for the last several days, samantha's skin is better than it has been in a very long time, and I have not been on any type of restricted diet of late. So that's news to celebrate about!
It's also been package-central around here: my parents, josh's parents, and our friend rachel all sent stuff to us in the last week, so we've been SO enjoying (thanks, emma) all sorts of happy goodies from the US.
Ok, now it's back to work...I promised josh I'd get samantha's one year video done by tomorrow to clear up space on our computer (oh yeah, and so I can mail it to all of you so you can see our fabulously cute gal!). So, I hope you all have a great day and I'm out for now!
2 comments:
OH! I'm SO glad it came, since we have all experienced drama with packages before. And, I just have to say, if you were going to have an accident which involved blood, what better place than in the bathtub, for ease of cleanup! I'm sure Emma was thinking of that at the time, right?!
Love to you all,
Rachel
i guess Emma gets her love of jumping up and down in the tub from me...one of those things I can't go a day without doing..
in other news- earlywine has me working working working.. my latest obsession is frying bacon and using the tongs to flip the pieces over. Harder then one would think but of course, me being the master chef that I am, mastered it AND in a timely manner I might add. I make some pretty tasty curly fries too. Maybe I can send some over in the next package??
Tell Emma and Josh Hi, and give samantha a hug from me :) love you rach. Thanks for the sweet email too.
Post a Comment