That's the beauty of my little english class. I teach two 30-minute classes twice a week. Yep, that comes out to a whopping two hours a week. It's not much, and Emma gets to go to school for free. Seems good to me.
I really truly enjoy teaching. The kids are funny and refreshing...when they're not being super annoying anyway. They make me laugh, especially this one class that Emma is usually in. They're the younger of the classes but have lots of little kids that are so eager and cute.
Just last week, we finally were able to have four of the teachers over to our house. My pride and sense of self was wounded a few months ago when I invited all the teachers over and the principal totally brushed me off about it. I really like several of the teachers and hope it can be a good opportunity for me to make better friends and share more deeply.
so, without futher ado, here's some pics from today's lesson (mostly just the kids I like who didn't decline my very politely worded question):
Emma's favorite teacher:

ray-ray: the girl who ALWAYS corrects my asianese - I don't know why she didn't smile...

this is emma's best friend ever at the kindergarten. I'm not sure why her best friend is a boy, but it is. She always comes home and tells me stories about chase games and slide games with this little guy. Apparantly, she can never catch him at chase.


So those were from the class I really like. These are from the class I like when half of them are gone... :)
No, they didn't plan it that way...




This is Peter, the other teacher emma really likes. I didn't like him at first - he came off sounding a little bit of a know-it-all - but now I really like him.
I liked this picture: the little kids watching from above while the big kids play basketball...
4 comments:
I laughed out loud at the picture of Emma's little friend! He totally lives up to his tiaopi reputation! What a cutie! Thanks for sharing!
I love Emma's friend! He would so totally be my kindergarten BFF.
I love that little boy, too. I have seen him near Emma before...and..I just assumed (clearing throat) that HE had a crush on her or something. I know how charming Emma and Mantha can be. :) But..best friends..well, that may be even better.
I hope you'll tell me more about him. I'm sure the kids all loved getting their pictures made. They don't have their own paparazzi assigned to them. :)
Also..Ray Ray stole my heart. What does it mean? I'm sure not..a drop of golden sun? And, Peter. I will not forget about him.
I love you. Mom
P.S. Counting down until Mantha's BD! (And your anniversary) :)
Will you please put Emma's little friend in a box and mail him to me? He looks like the Home Alone kid.
Post a Comment