Ok, this is not a TGIFridays recipe...it's just a darn good fajita recipe...and it's friday, so it all started with F. I thought it seemed an appropriate post. Plus, it's one of the few foods I can think about right now without wanting to let loose all over the place. You know how early pregnancy goes, all that nausea and stuff like that. So for the next three weeks, until this first trimester is over, I'm all about tummy-friendly foods. Even if it only includes cheetos and chocolate donuts. :)
If you're looking for an easy dinner, here's one of our favorites for fajitas.
In a ziploc bag, throw all this stuff in:
1/4 c. lime juice (for overseas readers who may be rationing lime juice, this IS 1/4 of a bottle - but I think it's worth it!)
1/3 c. water
2 T. olive oil
4 cloves garlic
2 t. soy sauce
1 t. salt
1/2 t. liquid smoke
1/2 t. cayenne pepper (or not, if you don't like it. it really doesn't add too much heat to the meat)
1/2 t. ground pepper
1 t. chili powder
1/2 t. cumin
chopped cilantro, based on how much you like the stuff.
Mix it all around pretty good, then throw in about 3 chicken breasts, sliced into strips.
Marinate the meat in the fridge overnight.
The next morning, add in 1 bell pepper and 1/2 onion, cut into strips.
Continue marinating until you're ready to fry it all up.
When lunch or dinner time rolls around, heat a tablespoon or so of oil into a pan and pour in your bag of chicken with all the juice and veggies.
Cook til that chicken is done, the peppers are getting tender, and you can't hold off the yummy smell any longer.
Wrap it up all nicely in fabulous tortillas, and top it with whatever suits your fancy.
Now there's something everyone - even sick, pregnant mommies - can eat to their hearts' content!
7 comments:
I'm so proud of your cooking skills. When I brag on your dad's cooking skills...I now include you and another beautiful Asian friend in my rantings and ravings. :)
If I were there..I'd be at your side (getting in the way) trying to help out...excluding cooking skills.
I hope all faithful, precious friends will be saying petitions for you to feel better. One thing I know about you...you are one tough dolly...perhaps hello dollys are something you'd like. :)
I love you so very much, soon to be birthday girl. I honestly hope no one cares that I still opine about you as my precious, helpful Rachel who at age 6 until about 17 was helping me get better and do so many things to help run our little crew. What a delight you are to my heart as I celebrate my own birthday.
P.S. Next time I'm around, will you make me fajitas and hello dollys??? I love you...MOM
I must have missed the post about the preggy thing...
CONGRATS! Webcam soon?
Emmylou's Daddy
I must have fell asleep at my reader recently... because when did you announce that you were pregnant?!?
Is this post supposed to be a sneaky way to announce it? To make sure your audience is actually reading your posts?!
Either way... congratulations! What a blessing.
We missed the announcement too!!!! We're so excited for you all!
Love,
Autumn for us all
Well....at least I am not the only one who missed the big news!!!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!
and are we sharing the date yet?
WOW!
Love you
Marilyn
I'm echoing the sentiments of the above posts!?!?!?!
Way to just sneak the news in Rachel!! Hope you feel better soon!!!
Love,
E
Post a Comment