Monday, August 18, 2008

woe is me...

When it rains, it pours. Last week, it rained. Not just rain from the sky either! It felt like a jillion things went awry last week.

For starters, I still feel nasty sick. I have passed the benchmark for "normal" pregnancy sickness, and should be free and clear...but no, not yet. I'm still laying on the couch dreaming about cheetos and chocolate donuts, and nothing else.

Secondly, our computer crashed. Yes, you all know that, but I'm sorry to say, this eggrollmama hadn't backed up her pictures since the last time she traveled with her computer which was.....drumroll please....February. So all our pictures, minus the few (haha) that have been posted on my blog are gone. Forever. That was a mighty good lot of pictures, let me tell you. Birthdays for both girls...thailand vacation...hong kong vacation...summer fun activities....grrrr. Let's all observe a moment of silence, shall we?

Thirdly, after Dell bit the dust, we were going to our friends house one evening to begin the restoration process of the computer. It was raining - true, serious, read a book and stay inside rain - but we were on our way out the door. As the taxi pulled up to our building, I bundled Samantha in my arms and headed out. Just as I was walking down the first of three steps, my flipflops hit the slick step and I bit it - bad. Samantha, praise of all praises, landed feet first on the ground, totally unaware that I was injured. My leg got hurt fairly badly - it's not broken or anything, but badly bruised and still, a week later, very sore.

Finally, last night, I came down with the stuffiness/coughing/runny nose/cold type stuff that josh had last week. Truly, I feel pathetic.

I know all of these things will run their course, and things will be fine again. As I enter week 15 of this pregnancy, I really hope that all-day sickness runs its course!

don't feel too bad for me, though! I have great helpers, girls who are content to play all day by themselves, and now I am almost finished teaching! I actually put in a "two weeks notice" at preschool today - partly due to pregnancy, partly due to upcoming travel that would require me to take an obscene amount of time off work. So, I'm almost a free woman...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rachel: What a sad week. Looking back, you will forget most of it --except the uggy feeling--I have kept every blog on my computer--so if I can somehow figure how to get them to you, I will. WE have been watching the Oly mpics--but are tiring of it by now. We are anxious to see you. Love you mightily--Nana

Anonymous said...

Praise for all the things He allows us to experience!!! I hope you get to feeling better!

Emmylou's Daddy

Anonymous said...

Dearest One...
Well..I was down for the count..just during part of your non-blogging days. But, alas, nothing can keep some of us from your blog. :)
I just want you to know all of us are praying for you to feel better. I am so sorry you fell..I hate that. I've had so many falls in the rain..that's why..I always say things like, "Oh, I hate the rain..blah blah blah."
I love you..and I'm going to increase my prayers. Be sure and listen and vote for dad's song on www.Indieheaven.com. He's on fan faves.."Only You, Jesus." Great song..and, I'm not prejudiced one bit as you know. Our trip to Estes was awesome..dad meeting Eddie DeGarmo was so cool. It was all a great Anniversary present. Coming home to nose surgery wasn't so bad after that trip. I love you..MOM

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness. Somehow I missed that you were prego. Congrats. (Being at my in-laws in Idaho provides ample time for blog reading) As for the photos - I don't believe they are gone. Are you sure? My Hubs has been known to resurrect many a file and photo after the Dell reps say to throw the computer out the window. Have your Hubs shoot my Hubs an e-mail.