One of those days where I wondered where all my energy went to.
One of those days where my children - who are old enough to know better - behaved very poorly in a situation where I needed them to behave well.
One of those days where I couldn't shave my legs because my stomach was too big.
One of those days where I remembered that I'm more than seven months pregnant and can't do everything I used to be able to.
One of those days where that bottle of coke was incredible refreshing and I could have gone for two more. Good thing I don't drink alcohol.
It wasn't a bad day necessairily. Just one of those kind of days.
Fortunately, we are the very beginning of strawberry season and tonight after dinner we had strawberries and whipped cream. Samantha made me laugh hysterically when she called it "whoop cream". You said it, girl.
I painted the baby's bedroom one evening this week - rather out of the blue, but decided josh was doing something else so I just picked up a brush and got to work. We're very close to choosing a name...we've never been so close so early before.
We've got lots of fun christmas activities starting up this friday - it should be truly like the 12 days of christmas! I'm trying to gear myself up for it. It's all stuff I want to do, I'm just trying to summon the energy to do it. Thank the Lord I have a house helper! I'd never host anyone if she didn't help me...!
We made a gingerbread house last week. Ummm, ok it was fun...but I probably will never do it again. First of all, I think I'm willing to try lots of new things and lots of craft things, but I'm not particularly skilled in details. Gingerbread houses are all about details - a minor reason why my detail-oriented friend Amy pulled off a gingerbread house I would be willing to live in. I, however, am not so detail oriented. I'm more project-oriented, idea-oriented. My gingerbread house was more like a gingerbread ghetto. I'm not kidding.
I'm not even brave enough to post the pictures on my blog, though I will say that early on I figured out the house was going to border on disaster, so when it came time for decorating, there were very few rules the girls had to follow. They decorated to their hearts' content and had a great time. They are very proud of their gingerbread house and the little special touches they added and came up with themselves. Good for them, they can be proud of it. I also videotaped part of the decorating ceremony as proof that at least one time in their lives, they got to decorate a g-bread house. I think josh's mom is mailing me a g-bread kit. I'm sure that will go much better, because detail oriented people get it all ready and then idea-oriented people buy it. That's one reason I really love America. =)
We got our big fat christmas ham in a few days ago and have been gradually eating it, little by little. I'd like to take a picture of it in comparison with my leg, just to show you how big it is, but that would be embarrassing. Even my girls - the notoriously picky eaters - are eating third and fourth helpings. It's so good. It's funny to realize that my kids will grow up with so many things that I had as a child!
What are you up to???
5 comments:
As always I love reading your description of what is going on there.
We are getting ready to have all the kids home for Christmas.
Laura and Jacob arrive Monday and Katie and her husband arrive late Tuesday night. They will all only be here until the day after Christmas so I am planning the time carefully. I began the decorating (as you can see on facebook) and then got a major research/writing assignment on campus...so everything is at a standstill until I get the draft posted (I should be working on it now). Sunday evening there will be major candy making in preparation for their arrival.
And of course it's all about the food...actually about having the food that the children associate with home and the holiday..so there will be major grocery shopping this weekend and cooking. The main event will be turkey and then a variety of side dishes that will make us all need to diet in Jan.
Pumpkin Gooyie cake and individual cheese cakes with cherry tops.
We will be taking family pictures on Christmas Eve before church so those will be posted on Facebook.
I haven't mailed anything yet and actually haven't completed my shopping either, or the Christmas letter and cards....looks like I have a lot left to do.
Love you much
Marilyn
gEE, GIRL--i NEVER IN MY LIFE ATTEMPTED A GINGERBRAD HOUSE. yOU ARE THE GREATEST--ESPECIALLY THE PART ABOUT LETTING THE GIRLS DECORATE TO THEIR LITTLE HEARTS CONTENT. tHEY ARE FORTUNATE LITTLE GIRLS. nOW rACHELS--JUST REMEMBER THAT ONE DOES NOT STAY PREGNANT FOREVER--WE ARE THRILLED ABOUT THE BABY--CAN'T IMAGINE WHAT HERNAME WILL BE. i AM SO GLAD YOU HAVE THE HOUSE HELPER--SURELY NEED OONE RIGHT NOW--WITH ME RECOVERING RAOM KNEWW AND NOT DRIVING ON THE ICE--AND bOB WITH A BROKEN HIP AND DRIVING ONLY THE WALKER. oTHERWISE WE ARE GREAT--NO cHRISTMAS CARDS, SHOPPING, EVEN HAVE TO HAVE lAURIE AND nETTY COME BY TO TAKE OUT THE TRASH. lIKE PREGNANCY, IT WON'T LST FOREVER. lOVE YOU EVER ONE OF YOU--NANA
Rach..Rach..Rach..
You did get to make a gingerbread house at school, I think. Got me off the hook! :)
It won't be too long and you'll have a new baby girl who'll delight you with statements like "whoop cream", "fruit cottontail", "concreek" "hostipal",
and "yesternight!" It just keeps you going when they say things like that and as you know--we didn't much correct our children.
As soon as the roads don't look icy...I must venture out and try and rescue nana. :) She is doing so good. Bob, too. I love you, dearest one.
Mom
The bright side is I am going to see you in a few weeks and I am bringing the chocolate covered almonds!!!
Hey-o people! What are we up to? I know my wife is working on her shutterfly photo page so once it is up and running we'll show you! Still no word on the move but the house is for sale! Hopefully after the holidays people will be in the spending mood. Josh, more games on the way for when we see you next, either here or there...
Steve
Post a Comment