Friday, March 11, 2011

breaking the silence

It feels a little awkward clicking on "New Post" when I haven't done it for so long.

I never intended to take such a long break from blogging. In fact, I went on that vacation, came home and jumped back on the "Oh-yeah-I-have-four-kids" train, and just haven't jumped off. If I were to jump off, the train would keep moving.

And the train? It's moving at breakneck speed. I know, I know...it's SO cliche to complain about the speed of life, but it's just so true.

I love the routine we're in - the Saturday mornings at McDonalds, homeschool Thursdays, playdates at Chick-fil-a.

I love the activities we participate in - like Little Gym and swim lessons and soccer.

I love the ways I'm investing my time - new friends and old friends, time with my sisters, and the people at Crosstown.

But at the end of the day, something's gotta give...and usually eggrollmama is what takes the hit.

I've got so much to say - my cup's been overflowing these days. I'll try to share the overflow little by little, post by post so as not to overwhelm you. [I'm assuming you've all learned how to live life in my cyberspace absence.]

I'm just putting everyone notice: I'm back.

And it feels good!

4 comments:

sandra said...

Hooray!

Donna said...

Happy you're....BACK!!!! :)
xoxoxo
Mom

Kevin and Becky said...

I thought we had lost you forever! If it hadn't been for the face-to-face time in January, I think I would have been worried. Real worried.

Swirl Girl said...

the "oh yeah, I have 4 kids" train is enough to make you derail. It was SO good to see you the other day for Carla's bday. You look so great - and it was nice to be able to chat without 18 little people wanting our attention. XOXO