What a week it's already been for us! Everything was building up to Friday where we'd go to the girls school in the morning for a Christmas activity, and then have a Christmas party at our home Friday evening.
As we carefully considered where we wanted to invest our time and energies this Christmas season, we decided on those two main activities. Both of them involved big groups of people getting to hear the good news of great joy that will be for all people! We had big stacks of good news waiting for little boys and girls...
(Although there was a bit of goofing off...!)
Yesterday evening, the Halloween crew came a-knocking. They had brought with them ornately wrapped apples as gifts for all our kids. (Apples are a common christmas gift here!) Since we had a HUGE stack of wrapped gifts, we gave them their own kids-version of the good news instead of hamburger buns! I guess they weren't too turned off by the buns, though since they did actually come back!
We've made lots of christmas cakes and cookies.
And now as Christmas nears and we prepare to add the last few items to our Jesse Tree, we agree with the writer of "O Holy Night" - the weary world rejoices!
We rejoice that Christ has come, the beautiful and perfect fulfillment of the promise God made so long ago.
We rejoice that Christ came to erase the stain of original sin, to absorb the wrath of His Father, and to redeem us as brothers when there had only been a slave. (Check out the literal translation of this christmas carol on wikipedia for a fresh take.)
O, night divine! Merry Christmas!




5 comments:
Love it!!! Proclaim! Miss y'all
Oh Rach!
It all looks wonderful. I will be praying for the hearts of those who hear the good news. Happy proclaiming! We love you all. Merry Christmas!
Loved the pics!! Oh what fun it is to know that people in darkness are seeing the LIGHT!!! Miss ya tons!! and hope your Christmas was wonderful!!
I will say that your Christmas tree cakes look much better than mine did. For our second party (or maybe it was the third...I can't remember now. They all run together!), I didn't have a cake mix so I had to use brownie. When I flipped the pan, it all kind of oozed onto my cutting board. I may or may not have used brownie goo and molded it into a big triangle. But slap some icing on and who's the wiser? Not my party guests, that's for sure! :)
When I come to Asia, will you make me a pretty cake and Luby's rolls? So proud you took advantage of this opportunity to reflect...LIGHT! Love you dearly!
Mom
Post a Comment