Saturday, December 09, 2006

cute girls and other ramblings

So my best intentions to post every day for a week in honor of katie's finals week ended rather abruptly a few days ago. My sincerest apologies. I truly intended to do it each day...but it just didn't happen.

I'm posting a few pics that give a glimpse of things that have been going on the last few days around here. This nice, cute pic of samantha sitting happily in her high chair, waiting for some yummy rice cereal has been a distant memory of late. Three days ago (or maybe it was two, I forget) I made some rice cereal for samantha with milk that somehow must not have stayed fresh or something. Just a few moments after the meal had ended, the entire contents were thrown in violent fashion to the floor below. I was just preparing to put her to bed for the night, and I reasoned that she must be throwing up the cereal that she eat. It will be ok to nurse her one last time before she hits the sack. So, dorky mom Rachel feeds her again.


Just a few moments after that feeding, what do you think she did? yeah, she threw it all up too. So far, that has also accumulated to two of my shirts and two of her sleepers that had been dirtied in a very, very short time. After cleaning her all up, I put her to bed anyway. When she awoke in the morning, tummy growling and ready for a good meal, I fed her...only to watch her throw it all up again ! This time, I saw it coming and instincively thrust my hands forward, thereby "catching" all of the nice stuff in my cupped hands. Why again did I do that?


anyway, now seems to be a bit better and she has kept her meals down yesterday and all of today, so we are happy. She is lookin cute today, if you were wondering...wearing a cute little pink Tommy Hilfiger sweater and some khaki colored corduroy pants. Oh, to be six months old and stylin like that!


Lately, Emma imitates everything we do. Truly. Everything. Holy Moly! Be careful! Come here, please! No, ma'am. Josh! Rachel! This also applies to behaviors as well. This morning, I saw a renegade cockroach in Emma's room (of all places) and the gravity of the situation forced me to break my usual practice of indirectly killing them (by using spray, or by shooing them into the sink or anything that does not require me to actually come in contact with the creatures). I said, "Oh man!", ran to the entryway to grab a shoe, stomped the cockroach, and then got a baby wipe to bury his remains in.


So, Emma in in the living room playing a bit later, sees one of those green little things off the christmas tree and assumes he is a cockroach. "Oh man!" she says. She toddles off to get the same shoe I used before, stomps the floor, and then grabs the closest thing (her dora bib) to wipe up the "cockroach".


The other thing she did after this was...

She walked up to the front door, got the snugli that I wear to carry samantha around in, put her dora doll inside, put on her shoes and said, "Outside! Ok?" That was my cue that emma was getting bored!


So after lunch, I bundled up the three of us and we went to josh's school to play. Emma had so much fun crunching around in the leaves, finding sticks and waving to everyone who walked by us. Plus, she looked cute in this yellow poofy ski jacket thing that our landlord gave us from a childrens clothing store she apparantly owns. (It seems every week brings knowledge of some new enterprise she manages!) It was certainly chilly, but it was a nice fun afternoon. Now if I could just get her to go to sleep...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i forgive you for your "slacking"
it happens to the best of us-- minus me of course.

My macro final is wednesday-- three days from now. keep me in your thoughts this test could make me or break me..

I'm off for a whole month so hopefully we can video chat-- woo hoo :)

love you