It's like the language flower has bloomed in emma's mouth (as if she wasn't already verbal enough!) Recently, she has been cracking us up with funny things that she says.
For example...
Yesterday, emma and I spent a good five minutes putting all her books back on the bookshelf (because one of samantha's favorite pasttimes is crawling unnoticed into emma's room, using the bookshelf to pull up, and then one by one pulling every book off. She thoroughly enjoys the activity as she seems to do it multiple times a day.) Anyway, after we put the books on the bookshelf, we came out to the living room. about half an hour later, emma walked into her room, threw her hands up in exasperation and rattled off these sentences:
Mommy! Oh no! Sa-nantha all the books on the rug! No ma'am, Sa-nantha! Books on the shelf! No books on the rug!
She was truly and utterly distressed that her time spent cleaning up the books was in vain and her room was already dirty again. Funny times, that girl.
Other funny things that have been coming up a lot:
Don't do that!
Don't say that!
Mommy lay down! (as in, lay in her bed with her at bedtime so she can prolong the misery that nightly sleep must be to a toddler)
My name Emma!
And to leave you with a final, toddler thought:
Yesterday morning, emma woke up at her usual bright and cheery time of 7:00am, and came bounding in to our room (how we gave birth to a morning person is beyond me). I staggered out of bed and VERY grudgingly walked to the kitchen to get emma's milk, but got distracted by something in the living room on my way there. Emma looked at me impatiently, and said, "Mommy, get Emma's milk."
I ignored her, as is my usual custom when she doesn't ask politely. (She must say, "Mommy, may I have milk please?") But it was too early for her, I guess. She didn't get it. She looked at me and said it again. "Mommy, get Emma's milk."
When I still didn't do anything, she said, "Mommy, get Emma's milk. In the fridge. Put (it in) the cup."
I still didn't get a please out of her, but I was so cracking up that she had specified that the milk should go FROM the refrigerator TO her cup that I was willing to cede this little battle to her.
3 comments:
i knew mom would be the first post. so predictable. speaking of youtube. i thought id post a link to MY VIDEO.
http://www.youtube.com/wat
ch?v=lZbEx-4cqHI
should make for some good laughs.
Rach,
Wow, I should be unpacking but I just spent a half hour reading through all your posts that I had missed. Fun times! I am SO happy for you with the books coming! Maybe there's hope yet for my packages! And I loved all your vacation posts and pictures. Now we're back in the world of internet access again so I shall not again let my daily checking of your blog slide. Take care sister!
Love you,
Rachel
hey alicia... glad you liked the video... its a winner i think. I would love to come see you on campus. Monday would probably be the best day because my wednesdays are CRAZY long. Where do you teach at?? I could easily come by on way to class or something. And midterms??? HMMM i seem to have tests all the time. I just had an intro to journalism and mass comm mid term. and it got the best of me I think. haha but besides that... not really!!
let me know about stopping by! you can email me at katie.d.whittern-1@ou.edu so we dont keep chatting via the blog haha
Post a Comment