Last fall, josh and I started keeping tuesday nights (after the girls go to bed) open so that we could spend time doing something together. It's crazy how even though we do a lot of stuff together, when the girls finally go to sleep, it's like we try to catch up on the rest of the things we can't get done when a nine-month old is clinging for dear life to your pants legs, or when emma comes up to you six trillion times a day asking, "What's this, mommy?"
Usually these nights we play scrabble, or lay in bed and talk about the future, or watch the occasional movie. But last night I had a little something different in mind.
I've been reading this blog about a woman from texas ( I think I mentioned this before?) and she had a recipe for sopapillas on there. So last night, josh and I bolted ourselves in the kitchen and we did it! We made sopapillas! It was really a lot of fun, trying to figure out exactly what we were doing.
We had a few casualties - my instant-read thermometer (another new purchase) got fried, along with two of the sopapillas - but other than that, they turned out pretty good! I sort of felt bad for the little guys though, because in my mind I was expecting Ted's sopapillas. [for those not from oklahoma city, ted's escondido should be listed in the top okc attractions, but sadly it is not. it is by far the best tex-mex on the planet, and is greatly missed by yours truly.]
It should be said that everything at ted's is beyond sublime. Going to ted's is like going to enchilada and cheese dip heaven and seeing little sopapilla angels. It's really that good. So of course, our sopapillas were no match for those guys. But it was still good, and really? how many people make sopapillas?
1 comment:
I never told you that there's a Ted's in Broken Arrow now! It opened up about the same time I returned. I immediately thought of you when I heard the news.
Post a Comment