So josh and I were thinking tonight about when tom and rikki were over here. Even though all of us have relatively well-behaved children, there certainly was a lot of activity going on at any given time. The thing that struck is that that could totally be our lives in just three years. We still want to have a couple more kids, so that would have put us having a house full of kids like ashley, abigail, emma and samantha, at almost exactly those ages as we imagine it in our minds. Wow. that's crazy times.
And in other news...samantha is getting her first tooth! Woo hoo! She is on the cusp of being truly human. Also in recent samantha news, I added back in dairy foods during the weekend while tom and rikki were here (mostly to challenge the dairy intolerance in mantha's skin, but partly because I wanted to get to eat quesadillas, broccoli cream casserole, and hello dollies too!) and the results were pretty obvious to us: she itched and reddened overnight, from being completely clear the day before. Sigh. But as least we know, so that will help.
Samantha also has started saying "eat", "all done", and "more" quasi-verbally. I was really surprised because I expected her to be a late talker, what with all the talkers who compete for listeners in our home. But she's fitting in nicely, and when she feels like her voice isnt' being heard, she lets out an impatient shriek to let us know that she's still there. :)
More funny things from emma:
- yesterday, she said "momma, come here and snuggle with emma." You can bet that request wasn't refused!
-at the dinner table, emma looked at my banana and asked, "Momma, what's that?"
"It's an apple," I told her with a smile.
"Actually, momma," emma corrected me, "it's a banana."
"Ok, emma, you're right, it's a banana."
2 comments:
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH a first tooth:)
A major milestone!
I am excited that you are discovering ways to help Samatha's skin.
Three little ones was a challenge but if I remember correctly...not too much different from having two. But yes, lots of talking and I was always busy..by then I had to bring in a paycheck as well as be mommy.
Happy Easter from Georgia
Well, Samantha says more words than her cousin Cayman, but her cousin has 8 teeth!! Maybe because he has WAY too many people in this house to compete with in talking. He is eating chicken like an old pro. I'm sorry that the good stuff makes S break out. Not too much longer and she can eat real stuff, and you can go back to your yummies. Lots of kids is fun. Tiring, but fun.
Post a Comment