What follows is a random collection of thoughts that have been passing through my mind recently, but are not significant enough to devote an entire post to...
Two items I never imagined myself using are now two items I can never imagine not being in my life: my rice cooker and my wok. Considering where I live, it may seem weird that I didn't think I would use them very often. But if there's a day that goes by where both of those items have not been used, it was because I either slept the entire day and therefore did not use them, or I was kidnapped and away from my home.
Have you ever heard of Entenmann's baked goods? Wal-mart in Oklahoma used to carry them, and sometimes they carry little brownies or other things like that. But in the past, they used to have these chocolate devils food dougnuts that stole my heart away. I remember in particular, one or two christmas eve's my parents stopped at Pratt's on the way home from my nana and papa's house and bought them for us to eat on christmas morning -and I've been hooked since. For some unthinkable reason, they can no longer be located in the oklahoma city area. Every time we travel out of Oklahoma, I go to a grocery store and try to find them. Fortunately, the last three times we went to virginia, I bought like, six boxes. Anyway, the whole point was that I've been wanting some in a bad way. Thanks to the fact that I live halfway across the world from the nearest distributor (and at least two weeks away by mail, thereby missing out on the great freshness of them) and to samantha's ultra-sensitive skin, I'll have to summon all my willpower to make it through the next few years without these fab litle donuts. Honestly, take a look and tell me that doesn't make you want to buy some at this exact moment: http://entenmanns.gwbakeries.com/product.cfm/upc/7203001201
I like rob-and-amber. You know, rob-and-amber from every reality tv show that ever aired on tv? Maybe some of you will make an official end to our friendship upon hearing this admission, because it seems that people either really like them or really don't. I fall on the "really like them" side. I found myself rooting for them as they were falling for each other on survivor, and then officially decided I like them when rob proposed during the survivor finale. Then, my decision was confirmed when they did amazing race - and I tell you, teams on amazing race are awful to each other! They tell you in those little voiceovers how much they appreciate their spouse/sister/mother/brother/insert parter's name here...but then during the race they snap and bicker and are embarrasingly ugly to each other. Except rob and amber (and uchenna and joyce, who ended up winning that season). I thought they really seemed to like each other (definitely a bonus if you're married), got along well, and (gasp!) communicated well with each other. All this is to say that we recently watched the first four episodes of amazing race all-stars (courtesy of tom and rikki) and I was so bummed that rob-and-amber were eliminated. I later read an interview they did after the race where they told that the reason they were the last ones shown coming out of the airport on the leg they were eliminated was because their cameraman got held up and searched going through customs. I've always wondered if things like that happened. Anyway, I'm over it already, but I just thought I'd get it off my chest that I'm a rob-and-amber fan.
Our McDonalds has pancakes for breakfast now! We've previously only been privileged to have hashbrowns and a sausage and egg hamburger - yeah, that's right...sausage and egg (oh, and ketchup, too) on a hamburger bun! What's that about?? Anyway, we got pancakes last week, and josh took emma for a special daddy-daughter breakfast on friday morning. She had been looking forward to it all week and still talks about going to McD's with daddy. Fun times!
I'm procrastinating painting the rest of my house. I'm really trying to muster the enthusiasm to do it...but it's just not coming to me. My plan was to do it after I finish my blog entry...that's like, in five minutes...so we'll see what happens.
Hope you all have a great weekend!
2 comments:
I also love rob & amber and was crushed when they were eliminated this current season. I wanted them to get another million!
I understand!! :)
Rach,
I'll give you some of my thoughts on your thoughts!
Two items I never imagined myself using are now two items I can never imagine not being in my life: my rice cooker and my wok.
Your mother is the same way. She can't do without ME either, since I'm the rice cooker of the family and do most of the wok around here, TOO!
I remember in particular, one or two christmas eve's my parents stopped...
I'm thinkin' just about ANY thing we did on Christmas Eve would create a lifetime memory. However, I think Santa Claus can remember EATING some Entenmann's little doughnuts that some sweet girl left for him along with a big glass of milk, so you're not the only one with 'sweet memories'.
I like rob-and-amber
I'm partial to rob-and-hood, taking from the rich and giving to the poor.
Our McDonalds has pancakes for breakfast now!
That's the first place I learned to cook pancakes...at a McDonald's in Fresno, California as a 'Manager Trainee'. I think it explains my affinity for Big Belgian WAFFLES.
I'm procrastinating painting the rest of my house.
I suggest you wait about three years until you have a couple of good helpers in Emma and Mantha. I think your sisters have fond memories of painting their rooms when we moved back into Drexel...but maybe not. You'll have to ask them!
Have a Good Week,
Dad
Post a Comment