Progress in the reading department is going well, especially after I added a bit of "motivation": a progress bookmark. After every lesson, emma gets to add a red star, showing that we completed that lesson. When we get to certain predesignated numbers on her bookmark, she gets to have a special something.
The first little treat was taking the whole fam to McD's for ice cream. I was delighted to see that she felt like SHE was treating the whole family to ice cream - and in a way, she was totally right. So we gave her the money, she ordered it for us all, and we all made sure to thank her for reading her 20 lessons so we could eat ice cream. She loved all the gratitude going around! I didn't so much love the coffee ice cream we ended up with, but hey...I can make some sacrifices for my first-born.
Here's Em with her bookmark: 20 lessons down...80 more to go!
...and yes, that big pile of napkins belongs to us. All of them.
4 comments:
GOOD JOB, EMMA!!!!! Rachel like the new look of your spot Gigi Carollo
My mom bought Charlotte a rain coat that looks almost exactly like Emma's! Did she really need a raincoat to eat ice cream? And here I was thinking we'd never get to use ours! :)
What a great idea! & what sweet rain coats!
Love love love the raincoats and the rapid reader! Just like you, Miss Rachel Reader! :)
Mad chaos went on in our car(controlled chaos) with you, Holly, KT, and Dustin and you'd be right in the middle of it all reading a book!!
I think Emma looks more like you every day. I love you....
Mom
Post a Comment