Monday, April 27, 2009

seriously?

I've mentioned several times about our weekly custom of foot massage, right?  

So all the girls and I (there are four of us now) go out every thursday night for an hour and half foot massage.  The massage part is about $8 and we get our own little private room, and even comes with complimentary soy milk or tea, which I never drink.  

We chat during the massage and then share requests and pr together for the last hour.  It's the highlight of my week.

I take any visitors who come to see me to the hallowed grounds of foot massage place.  Want to come visit?  ;)

I also shamelessly plug the place to any of my foreign friends who live in the city.  I've had such great experiences there, I want them to enjoy it too.  

Weeeelllll, last week, things got a little out of hand.  A friend of a friend went to said foot massage place.  They even requested my massager, who knows me and what foreigners ought to like.  When I ran into him later on that week, this is what he looked like:


Oh.  My.  

I laughed.  I think there were also some tears involved.  

One small, itty-bitty part of our foot massage involves these tiny baby jar things that get suctioned on to the bottoms of our feet.  I believe it has something to do with circulation..?  

Anyway, apparantly this fella did not get the same foot massage we usually got.  He managed to get a whole massage with the jars.  All over his back.

Oh.  My.  

5 comments:

Ameya said...

Hi! I'm not sure if i've commented before, but I love your blog (especially since in January-ish I'll be moving to China with my then-husband and our new baby!)!

That picture of your friend reminds me of the oscars a few years back- a woman (i forget which star) went with a backless dress, she apparently didn't realize how long it would take for those bruises to subside! The tabloids went wild, haha.

mlambchopper said...

Wow...even our experience with the monk man at your spa doesn't compare with this picture. We both just got our ears infected..but, this picture does speak to how fun Asianese culture is.

I will be sure and review this post when I need to smile.
This was a fun wake up call.
Love you..Mom

Katie said...

I would like to copyright the seriously section. I mean I did do it one time in my blog sooo i mean?? Just kidding though.. that totally deserves a seriously?? that is whack

Anonymous said...

Rach: I am like Katie--where is the "seriously" part. Goodnight nurse--what a weird foot massage. Did he blame you for even knowing such a place. But still I am so glad you and the girls love going and have that little girl ltime. Every girl needs it.

Swirl Girl said...

Oh wow... that does look painful.
:(