Sunday, August 01, 2010

finding ways to beat the heat

It's hot. No big surprise there, since we are in Oklahoma...and even though there's air-conditioning everywhere, it's still hot!

Josh and the girls went out a few days ago to buy a little plastic pool to use in our backyard. It's not very deep, but so far everyone has loved using it to cool off.

We do have a few new baptisms to report every time we use the pool, though - that's always a big pooltime hit! =)

Our big backyard is almost always covered by a large and beautiful shade tree, so even though it's hot outside, the girls can still play in the pool and not get sunburned.



This is classic Abby - walking on her tiptoes everywhere she goes!
I tried to get a parting shot of all the girls, but had no luck.
This week is supposed to bring 100-degree temps every day, so if you stop by our place, look in the backyard - that's probably where you'll find these three girls!

1 comment:

mlambchopper said...

These pictures were so cute, Rach. Kate made the second one her screen saver. Abby is so precious...
P.S. Did I tell you I actually won something?? YES, I won a prize from one of the other Rach's blogs..not your Asia Rach..but, the Alabama Rach..Grasping for Objectivity blog. :)