Wednesday, August 11, 2010

more summer fun

There's a Barbeque place right across the street from our house.

We can see it from our kitchen.

We drive by it every single day.

We just needed an excuse to try it out.

Barbeque is one of those things you should eat with good company.

I called my friends Alicia and Paul at the last minute one evening to see if they wanted to come over.

Secretly, I wanted to go buy some of that barbeque.

I was not disappointed - by the ribs and brisket or the company.

Alicia has had another baby since I last saw her - leaving her with fewer brain cells, but still a few more than me. =) I got to hold her cute little one while the other kids were splashing about wildly in the backyard pool.
This is her little one, Esther Angela, at about two months old. Even at two months old, she was smaller than any of my kids were when they were born. I loved holding her tiny self. I secretly prayed that our boy would be as tiny as she was - mostly so he could fit into those alligator-driving-the-car onesies. Is that selfish?
Her son looks just like his parents smushed together. He is cautious, careful, and measured in his approach to life and play:
...unlike Abby, who rushes into to things without a care in the world. They could balance each other out nicely. Hmm.....
There was pouring, spraying, squealing, laughing...

Summer nights make the summer days seem worthwhile.

3 comments:

O Fam said...

This post makes me smile. Sure do love you girls!!

BP said...

The weather has been too cold out here in CA to have Katelyn go swimming....

mlambchopper said...

I love your backyard. It seems...PROPER..that you should have a H U G E backyard in America. :)
I love that it is so big...you can walk and walk and walk and still not see the "scary" dog until you get all the way to the back fence. And the trees, seriously, they are HEAVENLY!
I wouldn't have even seen the mean, scary dog if I hadn't been helping find the "injured bird." Oh, please, do a blog on it..whether you have pictures or not. Even the bird was scared of the dog..and amazingly (with Emma and Mantha and the Lord's help) was "HEALED" and found it's wings. :)
Just so you know..I told nana and we have requested that angels keep Fido at a distance.