Thursday, September 09, 2010

Done!

Done with labor! Done with pushing! Done with crowning (not crowing - as I mistakenly typed it a few posts ago! heehee!)

Little Silas was born this morning at 4:33am, and wasn't nearly as small as our midwife predicted! (I totally should have seen this coming.) He was 9lbs, 3 oz and was 21.5 inches long. I'll probably still try to squeeze him into those newborn-up-to-8-pounds clothes and snap a quick picture...you know, because that alligator was so stinkin cute! =)

After pulling an all-nighter, josh and I were wiped! We've been sleeping a bit off and on this morning, and Silas seems very content over there in his bundle, sleeping too! Yay!

The proud big sisters are with my parents now and will probably get to meet their brother later today. Thanks for all your prayers and well-wishes and for being so awesome and not thinking we were crazy for having another kid.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH HOW WONDERFUL!!!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
I am so excited for you all.
Now we just need to get our little Paris baby here and all will be well!
Laura is due Sunday....so pray for them please.
Love you.....send pics soon!!!:)
Marilyn

Michael & Autumn said...

Congratulations! We have been checking your blog often for the good news...glad you and Silas and the whole family are doing well!!

Rachel said...

Yay Rach! Congratulations to you all! We love you so much and are so thankful for Silas' safe arrival. Hope you can get some rest and then just enjoy getting to know that new little baby boy!

Sounds like everything went smoothly...looking forward to hearing details and seeing pictures! Way to go Mama Eggroll! You did it!

Love you,
Rach

erica said...

So thrilled for you all! Way to go getting that baby boy into the world... I echo Rachel - can't wait to hear the story - type it up for us soon! :) It's tradition! :)

Can't wait to see his picture - although I can already picture him in my mind... he is simply adorable! :)

Praying that you get lots of good sleep and have an abundance of energy!

Love
E

Carrie said...

I checked my google reader specifically for this awesome news! Way to go mama. So glad that things went well. Xiu xi my friend!

sandra said...

YEAH! Welcome big boy Silas! Hope you are feeling well and getting some rest. hugs.

Brigitte said...

Way to go, congratulations, and I can't wait to see his sweet little pictures!!! Hope you get some sleep before you go home from the hospital.

Misty said...

Welcome to the Father's World not so little Silas!!! And congrats to the blessed family. We love you all and can't wait to meet your big guy.

BP said...

CONGRATS GUYS! We'll be praying for you and your new family!

Rachel said...

That's so awesome!! Congratulations! Can't wait to see pictures!!

Anonymous said...

Okay....I know you are "bonding" but we are all dying for pictures of little Silas!!!!! :)
Love you
Marilyn

Anonymous said...

Okay....I know you are "bonding" but we are all dying for pictures of little Silas!!!!! :)
Love you
Marilyn

O Fam said...

Congratulations to you all! We are so happy for you. I know this little guy is super blessed to be part of the eggroll family!!

soonergrad said...

I'm anxiously awaiting pictures...=)