After I posted to my blog last night, I diddled around on facebook and read the news until I was so tired I could barely keep my eyes open.
I decided to try one last time to lay down and see if I could fall asleep.
I woke up at 7:45am, just in time to start getting ready for church.
Seems that my six hours of contractions just decided to take a lunch break and clock in later.
I spent most of the afternoon todaywith very minor contractions, and haven't had any tonight.
So I guess I'm back to waiting...and I thought I was going to be one of those few, random people who had a baby on their due date!
I'll be sure and post before we go to the hospital, but for now I feel like I have a pretty big job psyching myself again up to have another baby. Last night in the middle of my 7-8 minute-apart contractions, I geared up for all that I knew was up ahead of me - transitional labor, the pushing, the crowing. Now, I feel like I'm starting over and I know I'll have to gear up for it again. That's not such a pleasing thought and honestly, makes me feel a little irritated.
Right now, I feel up for pretty much anything except childbirth.
But I am about to go to bed - with no contractions so far - so maybe I'll get in a good night's sleep...?
5 comments:
Aww - so sorry! I know how hard the waiting can be! I am praying that until the baby arrives you have lots of sweet moments and no stress to take your mind off things.
I hope that Father gives you good rest as you get all prepared!! :)
Oh Rach, I have SO been there (as you know, since I must have blathered to you about it five million times during my last month with christin...) and the waiting IS hard. But I hope you can get a good night's sleep in the meantime. And, the baby will come eventually! Hang in there!
I'm pr for you and know that Father will strengthen you for waiting or birthing, whatever the next day brings!
Love you friend!
PS and thanks for posting again...I have been checking my email and your blog every hour or so this morning!!!
And hey,
You're NOT starting over! Your body is making progress all of this time! Every bit is useful for later, truly! So here's hoping it will go quickly once labor "gets going!"
Hugs,
Rachel
Hey girl. I have been thinking of you SO much. I just got on the computer after a 5 week break. Thanks for all your fun posts. It's been so neat to see what you are up to. Thinking of you and can't wait to see your baby boy!
LOVING these play by play posts of your contractions! So sorry they keep dying away. I know how annoying that is. But it's not all for nothing. Each time is getting you (and him) a little further along!
Can't wait to hear of his birth! Hang in there! We're thinking of you all!
Post a Comment