Silas is sleeping right now - which means I should probably be too - but I wanted to throw some pictures up so everyone can agree with me about how cute our little guy is. =)
Except NO babies are cute when they're first born. They're all scrunchy and squished up. I even thought my own kid was that way.
The nurse got his little footprints just after announcing his weight to us...
...but he didn't really like going through the formalities of footprints.
Yes, it really was a boy. Due to my lack of shame and abundance of humility, I asked the nurse on our floor for a little tutorial on boy-diaper-changes. I thought I was a pro at diaper changes. As it turns out, I'm a pro at girl-diaper changes. The boy diaper change? Not so much. We've had a few casualties so far, but nothing a little Tide won't fix. =)
Can hospitals provide nothing better than the pink-and-blue standard issue cap? I guess I could have brought my own and avoided the standard-issue look, but I'm not so big on caps.
Daddy loves his little guy. He's already been talking about wrestling moves. Sheesh.

My parents brought the girls up to see little Silas and they completely and totally adored him. Even Abby was excited!
The attention this guy is gonna get is a little scary to imagine...


I love how Samantha is peeking from behind us! The girls loved being at the hospital and checking everything out - from the buttons on the beds to the TV remote controls to all the various baby items they provided for Silas...it was all interesting to them.
My, how the iphone has changed our lives...
Since a child's attention span is WAY shorter than a hospital visit, they had to find other things to do. Here the girls are pretending that they are babies...and doing the appropriate cry.
Abby read a few books over and over...
...until finally we gave her the ipod so we could all have some peace and quiet...and so my bed would stop being moved up and down.
Once Silas opened his eyes and started looking around, I quit thinking he was a scrunchy, squished up baby. He's precious and cute and just looks perfect. There's absolutely no bias in that statement, I promise you.
Once we were all out of the hospital, the lovefest has continued. The girls want to hold him every chance they get. They love inspecting his very long toes, his fingernails, his soft hair...
The other night, Emma was singing lullabies to him and he smiled a little gassy smile. Since she knows nothing about gas, she loved that his smile was "just for her"! She felt so proud and so connected to her little brother!
So far, life with four is proving to be a bit more of a handful than life with three...especially since life with four doesn't include my house helper! =) I'm hoping that this next week - with the bulk of postpartum discomfort passing - life will start feeling a bit more normal. What will normal look like now? I have no idea...but we're sure glad it includes Silas!
14 comments:
Aww - thank you thank you for sharing these precious pictures!!!
He is completely adorable and just completes your family so wonderfully!
Glad everyone is doing good!! Take it easy you busy mother of 4!!
Can't wait for the next set of pictures when you have time!
Love
E
Rach,
These are SO sweet! It's the post I've been waiting for! Silas IS absolutely adorable and I think he has a Carollo look-esp in that picture where he is crying in Josh's arms, just the shape of his face or something. He definitely looks like a BOY! I didn't know baby boys could look so distinctly like boys! how fun!
I hope and pray that you are recovering well. I'm sure it's a busy house these days...don't worry about keeping things too clean or eating full course meals. Hopefully you can get enough rest and that will make everything else better! Take it easy now!
Congratulations again on your sweet new bundle. I love you.
Rachel
Yay for a new normal! And you look awesome by the way. We'll be praying for you guys as you settle into daily life. He really is a cutie.
He's beautiful! Precious baby boy!
And I just LOVE his name. Silas is beautiful in every way. I am quite a fan of it and have already tried to get my husband to agree to the name, even though another baby is far away for us!
I love the pictures of the big sisters with their new brother. Just priceless. You are going to have a lot of helpers! Congratulations on your amazing SON!
He's beautiful! Precious baby boy!
And I just LOVE his name. Silas is beautiful in every way. I am quite a fan of it and have already tried to get my husband to agree to the name, even though another baby is far away for us!
I love the pictures of the big sisters with their new brother. Just priceless. You are going to have a lot of helpers! Congratulations on your amazing SON!
SO cute! It makes me want to give birth right now - except I should let this little one cook a little while longer. LOVE the moments you captured.
Awesome!! I've been checking your blog a bunch in hopes of pictures! He IS completely adorable and I agree, definitely favors Josh in the photos. You make birthin' babies look GOOD, Rachel C. Hope you can sleep and enjoy this new snuggly time with Silas. Wish we could hold him. Sending love, B.
Yes, he most certainly look different than the baby I dreamed about the other night. Yours is much better looking. Congrats, dear friend. Way to grow a human.
what a precious baby boy!! I think he looks like his daddy!! And Rachel you are looking fabulous! the pictures are great! and we can't wait to meet him!
(by the way, LOVE that alligator onesie you managed to squeeze over him!)
{Sigh}.... Simply beautiful, I mean amazingly handsome. Love, love, love the close-up shot of all the girl hands surrounding his precious face! Congrats again, beloved friend.
What precious pictures!! He's perfect. Now you're making me want mine to hurry up!
I think I'll always remember my "first grandson!" I've only had grandgirls..I was excited and interested in my reaction to a grandson. Oh, my goodness! I'm crazy over him. He is so cute..adorable..I love him. I keep thinking...surely Rachel will call for our help..or we'll just drop in..or other random text messages I want to send. However, I've done well. I have barely called or texted you, Rach. It's nearly killed me. We drive right by your house every time we go to church...and we're there a lot. When I see that your car is there..I wish you could pull your SUV in...then, I would not say the same "mundane" thing to dad, "They're home..hmm." Seriously, I need help. :)
All I can say is, "Thank you, Josh and Racho, for giving us a grandson." We shall love him with our whole hearts and come bearing gifts as often as we can. :)
We heart him!
I can't wait to meet Silas. All of the girls are growing up so fast. Emma and Mantha look like angels in those pictures. I volunteer to babysit a LOT when I get home.
much love,
holly
Rachie: We need that baby boy--to go with all our beautiful girls. Did you ever knnow a grandmother with so many complimentary remarks. Josh and Rachel, Silas is mujst beautiful. I mean that een if he is a boy. He is so holdable--and lovable. I love the pictures of him with all his sisters. Hope I get to see him a lot. I would print out Holly's promise. Nana
Post a Comment