Actually, that can't be farther from the truth. There aren't many pictures yet, because there are so many other things to pick up off the floor, put in the dishwasher, and take out of the dryer that my hands haven't found the free time to grab the camera.
BUT.
I've spent so much time looking at my little boy that I feel as though I've memorized every little pimple, every eyebrow furrow, every combination of moves his mouth makes when those gurgly baby sounds come out.
I've held him and snuggled with him so many times that I know he fits perfectly in the crook of my arm - legs drawn up and arms tucked in, like he was a baby cannonball jump off the diving board.
I've mastered the art of simultaneous emailing and snuggling - to the point that I know that he startles when I push the "Enter" key several times.
(like I just did.)
I've smelled him and touched him and held him and talked and sang and whispered to him so much that there's just no way he can ever claim he was overlooked.
Even if there no pictures, there are images in my heart forever.
I love this little guy.
3 comments:
Even if it's just for me - please block out 4 minutes where you grab your camera and take some photos of baby Silas. I can hardly contain myself with his cuteness.
I know you are so busy. Let's pressure (ask & she will) Aunt Kate to come and take pictures of him. Also, I know that sweet Aunt Kristin would as well. I know I'm just a grandmother..but, just saying...He's an angel, a doll, beautiful, and snuggly. I want all your friends to see him. :)
Your father and I want him to come live with us. Is that proof enough?? :) You're such a great mommy! I love you.
When you were an only child, you and I would eat Weight Watchers pizza. We would snuggle in your bed and read stories, watch cartoons, and eat Circus Fun or Smurf Cereal right out of the box..in front of the TV on the living room floor.
Look how you turned out. :) PERFECT! You did not watch Dora; however, you did watch Strawberry Shortcake, Smurfs, and your Memaw had you watching Maude and random Art Classes on Public Access TV when you were 2. So, I ask you..Smurfs vs. Dora? Maude vs. Sid the Kid?
Fast Forward to Kate..4th Child. Worshipped by Dustin and You..harrassed by Holly at birth until...Kate got taller. Holly is still stronger & can take her down. :) They are best of friends..still!
All 4 children had different & unique child raising techniques..yet all were loved; nurtured in the Lord; and kissed, cuddled and "photographed" as much as time/sanity allowed.
The point: not sure. But, I do know..that Baby Silas is A D O R A B L E!! YOU are doing a great job. You can't be everything to everyone. You don't just have Mantha and Emma or those two plus Abbers. God gave you the best thing ever in a 4th child: a peaceful, "chill" baby angel.
Amen, sister. You are rocking the "whole mother of 4" thing. I know..I lived it..I did it. Kudos!! I just wish I could be more help as a grandmother. :)
We love you..and we love how you are dealing with...the 4th child. :)
Post a Comment