It's been a weekend full of random events.
This weekend, I...
1. bought my favorite candles and a hot glue gun. It was the first time I'd lit a candle or used a hot glue gun since I came back from china, and it was a delightfully familiar feeling.
2. watched the Sooners win. Of course, if we'd actually bought tickets to the game and gone, the Sooners would have lost. That's just how it goes.
3. considered using my airline miles to head to asia and visit a couple friends. I'm not homesick (how can you be homesick when you don't really know where home is?), but I'm a little friendsick. [If I actually did that, I considered the issue of what I'd do with my kids and quickly realized this was not a workable plan. Bummer.]
4. got this report from Emma's preschool teacher:
Her: Emma, how are you so sweet? You are the most precious girl - I hope my kids grow up to act just like you!
Emma: Well, it's because God is working in my heart!
(this is me grinning from ear to ear)
5. found out that my family's show on Family Feud is going to start on Monday at 1pm Central Time. Tune in to channel 34 if you're in oklahoma city!

6. watched Emma score her first goal in the soccer game! She got the ball and dribbled all the way down the field and scored! Woo hoo! Her cheering section was going crazy!
7. heard Silas coo at me for the first time.
8. am praying for a friend who just had twins. Oh my. Twins!
9. ate Chocolate Pecan ice cream. And had a chocolate brownie. Ok, I had two chocolate brownies. [You can do that when you're nursing, you know.]
10. wondered what you all did this weekend?
4 comments:
I went to the Maui State Fair this weekend.:) It's got nothing on Oklahoma! Still fun though! I rode the zipper(and screamed at the top of my lungs) I came really close to eating a fried twinkie...instead I opted for a caramel apple.
Yay for Emma scoring her first goal!!
I'll be seeing ya'll soon:)
Hey Rach!
What a fun weekend you had! We spent it in QD at the meeting; it was fun, but a whirlwind and I got a cold right as we got there, not fun. The weather was beautiful though which was so nice! And I had Subway for lunch today, yay!
I'll send you an email soon. Wish we were eating chocolate brownies together!!
Love you,
Rach
Darn! I saw this in my reader and totally meant to figure out what channel and DVR your fam on Monday, but then totally forgot. I hope you blog about it...and maybe share a link to a video of it??
Dearest Rach...
Mothers and fathers somehow know some things w/o being told. Example: How could you not be homesick for your Asia friends?? You loved and still love your Asia friends. Hello Asia friends, "Are you hearing this???" :)
We loved getting to see Emma score her first goal; watching Samantha look so grown up; playing with sweet Abby, and ADORING Baby Silas.
Dustin and Kate have loved getting to be involved in your life again, and Holly is READY to be home. She will catch up quickly with you, Josh, and the eggrolls.
I know life is so very busy right now. The interesting thing is looking back...it went by so fast.
What treasures and memories you will have as you press towards the goal. 4 children = so much work; however, 4 children = joy..Joy..JoY, and JOY!!!
Post a Comment