So.
I'm here laying on the bed - blogging, of all things - because I can't move.
Ok, I can move a little...that's why I'm typing. But other than the clickety-clack of the keys, there aint much movement going on here.
It all started when I was going through my recent pictures in an attempt to post something on my long-forsaken blog.
I was aghast at what I saw.
Yes, I said aghast.
Exhibit A:

My friend Melanie gave me a CD filled with beautiful pictures of my family. I really love this one, except...it looks like we'll be expecting a fifth child! [AND NO!! We aren't expecting a fifth child!! It just looks like it!]
I rationalized and told myself that Silas was only a couple of months old, so it made sense that I was still carrying around all that weight.
Exhibit B:

My Nana got Abby a Raggedy Ann doll for Christmas, which she is totally glued to.
It also appears there are several things glued to my arms. It might be fat. I'm just not sure.
I tried not to think about it.
Exhibit C:

Yep, those are my cute siblings and a random little butterball that got thrown in at the last minute. Oh wait! That's ME!
What?!
I'm the butterball?!
So. Enough consoling myself with the mantra that I just had a baby.
It's seriously time to get off my duff and stop eating Ding Dongs. [Good thing I already ate the ones that my parents put in my stocking.] I think that also might mean I need to, like, move my legs. And maybe my arms too. And if I could do it at the same time, that'd probably be helpful.
I went to my little library down the street and checked me out a little video.
And I moved my arms. And legs. At the same time.
And I Just. Might. Die.
__________________________________________________________________
PS - Dear Mom,
You are not allowed to comment "But you're beautiful just the way you are."
I know you already think that.
The End.
Love,
Rachel
7 comments:
I'm not your mother... but you are beautiful just the way you are! I will totally step in for Don Don right now! I still look like I'm pregnant, and that little joker is almost 5! :) It will come off, just like the last 3 times! But the most important thing in the world is that you are the mommy to 4 precious babies, and they could not care less! I totally get how you feel, and I feel that exact same way every day. I have to edit or retake every picture I have of myself, which usually means I'm not in very many photos. HA. Or my stomach area (and my chins) are carefully camoflauged by a couch, a child, or some other strategically placed object. XOXO
Girl... it took me a year to get the prego weight off. Don't stress.
Rach,
you completely made me laugh. Did you start the 30 day shred? Or something equally crazy like that? I NEVER noticed any of what you pointed out in the pictures, just saw your girls' smiling faces and the fun of the moment! But, way to go...the soreness won't last forever, truly! In the meantime, thanks for keeping us posted with those typing fingers.
Love you friend!
From the title of your post I thought you got in an accident or something. You are too funny Rach!
Happy New Years!
I JUST WANT EVERYONE WHO READS THIS BLOG TO KNOW....SWIRL GIRL HAD ME COVERED. MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY. I LOVE YOU, CHRISTA, AND TO THE WRITER OF "just...might...die":
I do believe in exercise and proper eating; however, you just had your 4th baby doll. Neither of your sisters are married. They are girls like you were...look just like you did when you got married to Josh. You were the exact same size as KT. Remember that. I have the pictures and if I knew how to post them...I would. I may ask my "computer" savvy Chesapeake daughter to do it for me. OK???
You are gorgeous. You are beautiful. End of story.
M. Lambchopper
Oh Rach... amen and amen.
And I love the new blog look.
Here's to exercise and pepsi max and donut-free living...mostly.
First of all, you look gorgeous.
Second of all, I know how you feel. I just don't FEEL like doing anything to get my body back ... oh well. Maybe in a couple months...
Post a Comment