Ok, well maybe that's a little dramatic.
It was actually a rather pleasant day.
Josh left this morning for some traveling, and the girls and I had Pizza Hut pizza for lunch. (they love the stuffed crust pizza - such a treat for them!)
I snuggled with abby on the couch and read her favorite magazines - High Five, by Highlights - with her.
Silas and I giggled and laughed and we played hide-and-seek through the door of his little house toy.
When the little ones slept, the big girls and I made an incredible loaf of peanut butter chocolate chip banana bread. It's just....incredible. The three of us savored every bite.
Then when everyone woke up, we all bundled up to make a trip to the grocery store and dinner at KFC - a staple of life when daddy is gone.
We picked up cheese to make grilled cheeses this week; bought some yogurt for the youngest eggroll to inhale; bought some supplies for projects I wanted to cross off my to-do list this week.
Dinner at KFC went smoothly - well, smoothly enough for a mama with four little ones to feed. There might have been a water spill or two...and an exploding packet of ketchup...but all in all, it was a pretty smooth trip.
Things were going so well, and seeing as how I was in the mood for some fun, I agreed to let the girls play in the playland at KFC for a bit.
Somewhere in the shuffle of switching tables to be closer to the playland, my fabulous blue wallet/wristlet ( a gift from eggrollmimi) got stolen.
The wallet that has my house keys. My credit cards. My ATM cards. The card key to open my building. Even my metropolitan library card - though I don't think anyone can make much use of that!
The one thing noticeably absent from my wallet? Money. As a few of my friends can attest, I seldom have any money on me! There might have been a dollar or two in there, and that's about it.
Of course, I didn't discover that my wallet was gone until we were out the door and my wrist immediately felt empty. I use it so often, I swear there's a little indentation on my wrist. I immediately noticed it was gone and went back, frantically looking everywhere.
No one had seen it, no one had any idea where it could be. The sweet KFC manager asked every employee and every customer around us, but the wallet was not found. There was nothing more I could do, so I left.
Well, I called the friends who had my spare key, and THEN I left.
Irritable, melancholy and frustrated, we walked in the door and I put the littles to bed quickly.
I unloaded the groceries and discovered that some of the yogurt for the mini-man had busted all over the other groceries. Nice.
But now - two hours later - all the credit card companies and banks and metropolitan library systems (just kidding) have been notified. The yogurt has been cleaned up. My four eggroll babies are wrapped up and sleeping soundly.
I'm about to go drown my sorrows in a hot bath with a box of Ding Dongs (thanks, amy!) and a new kindle book.
That's way better than moving to Australia.
3 comments:
"Oh.my." I said that very phrase out loud with my hand over my mouth as I read that post. I am so sorry. Why does that stuff always happen when the hubs is gone?! But, I am glad that your peanut butter, chocolate chip, toffee, butter crunch, streusel banana bread was good.
Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear about it!! And since J was out of town I'm relieved you had a friend with a spare key!! If it makes you feel better, for the first time today I rear-ended a car on our scooter. Only myself to blame. Tiny scratch on his car but majorly messed up our bike. 200 kuai and much buhaoyisi-ing later, I got out of that situation. I, too, have been licking my wounds tonight with a little kindle reading time. Can't wait to hug your neck in a few weeks! Hope the rest of your week is much better!
Oh you poor thing!! It's bad enough to have that happen in the states..but abroad?? I'd panic. Yikes!
Post a Comment