Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Glamour Shots

Please tell me that when you were in junior high, you begged your parents to let you get a photo shoot at Glamour Shots.  

I surely can't be the only one out there who succumbed to the peer pressure.

(And ironically, my sister sent me a reminder of that *vintage* photo shoot recently.  I'm so relieved she didn't post it directly to facebook! ha!)

There's a little place down the road that I like to think of as our local Glamour Shots.  

They don't actually take pictures of you (well, not usually).

There are no outfit changes.

And no makeup.

Um.....so maybe it's not *that* much like Glamour Shots, but they do fix your hair up!

Actually, these little hair accessory places will do these beautiful styles for your hair - for free - in hopes of getting you to buy some of their accessories.  

This particular place happens to be right next to the McDonalds we occasionally stop into.  The ladies at the Accessory store are always trying to get our girls in there, and one day I finally agreed.  

The girls each got to chose a 'do from their book.  The ladies sat them down and completed some very intricate hair work in less than 15 minutes!  Sometimes I can hardly brush their hair out in 15 minutes!

Silas sat in the grocery cart eating french fries while his sisters got all dolled up. 



(Abby also got her hair done, but she took it all out before I had a chance to snap a picture.)

The nice difference between my childhood Glamour Shots and my kids' "Glamour Shot" experience here is that these pictures can never be used for blackmail.

Mine, on the other hand....

1 comment:

MichelleWebb said...

Oh my goodness, I had forgotten but I totally had glamour shots done, right about 8-9th grade! It was a combo of lots of gold and leopard print.... yikes! (not to mention layers of make-up and poofy hair! So cute - I bet the girls enjoyed that!