Sunday, May 05, 2013

Taipei, Take 2

Shortly after we arrived and unpacked, we had to take a quick trip to Taipei for some meetings and a visa run.  The distinct advantage of this trip was that I could take Josh to Chili's for his birthday.

In America, he'd never choose to go to Chili's for his birthday -- but in Asialand, this was uncharted territory.  The chance to have a molten chocolate cake on your birthday?  Or skillet chips and queso?  We're in the big-time now!

So we arrived at Chili's on Josh's birthday and ordered ENTIRELY too much food.  Lots of appetizers, lots of entrees, and two molten chocolate cakes.  Yeah, we might have gone a bit overboard.  =)

About halfway through the meal, I stepped out to go to the bathroom and secretly talked to the waitstaff about coming and doing their song-and-dance routine.  I thought my kids would get a kick out of it - especially since they've never seen it done before (or at least, they don't remember seeing it done.)

When they came out singing and dancing, the kids were a little freaked out!  They wondered what was going on...until they realized it was for Daddy's birthday! Then they were beaming ear to ear! hahahah!




The next day while Josh was sitting in a room having meetings, I took the kids back to the Taipei Water Park.  The swimming playground area was closed since it was late september, but other parts were open and that was really fun!  They had an area of water fountains and other toys that we lingered in for a long while.  


(I think this picture of samantha's hair might just be my favorite picture ever.)











1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oscecdonhLoved hearing from you. All of your children continuse to win my vote for dear, darling, perfect or what else? Love all of y ou so much. Nana