In case you hadn't noticed, I AM still going chronologically through all the months I've missed on the blog. And now I'm all the way (mostly) caught up to November -- thanksgiving!
This thanksgiving was weird for us, but it was still a good one. We were the first ones of our team to arrive here, and that being the case, we were the only ones here when Thanksgiving rolled around. I certainly wasn't going to make turkey and all the fixings for only my crew (especially the fickle kiddos - josh would have loved it though!). So the five of us (minus Silas) put our heads together and planned a menu of what we all wanted to contribute.
Samantha decided on chocolate covered Strawberries. (love her!)
Emma decided on macaroni and cheese. (mmmm.....love her!)
I made potatoes au gratin (mmmm....love me!) and josh picked up chicken from KFC.
Definitely not our normal thanksgiving, but I have a feeling this coming year's thanksgiving is going to look pretty different!
Our own family still had a sweet time being together, being thankful, and looking forward to God's future provision for us.


No comments:
Post a Comment