Though Abby has not officially started school with us, I've been trying to gradually change my school routines so that I'm more prepared to accomodate her when we do start adding her in. Trying to find a spot in the day to give "schoolish" attention to her [versus "play" attention] has been a little trickier than I thought.
She always joins in on our CC Memory Work, and on most of the projects too. She's always up for whatever story I might be reading (especially if I scratch her back during the long and boring parts). And she has her own "workbooks" and her reading lessons, which are actually sort-of official parts of learning in our house.
But I default to the iPad so much for her - especially while I'm doing Language Arts or Math with older girls. We're nearing the end of our official school year, so I'm thankful for the chance to mull things over during the summer and try to figure things out a little better. [We do school year-round, but summers tend to be a little lighter.]
I have learned that if I can make her move around - like say, giving her a flyswatter to practice her sight words - we'll all be a little happier.
And if any of her rewards involve princesses, we'll be good to go.
I give Abby a bit of a hard time on the blog, but she's such a little character. She's never at a loss for energy, volume, excitement, or words. She does everything 100% - even when she's not doing it. She will completely NOT clean her room with 100% of her energy!
She brings joy and laughter to our family in such a unique way!


No comments:
Post a Comment