Thursday, April 26, 2007

a shout out to single moms

Blogger has kindly informed me that I may now blog in Hindi, and I feel so relieved. I've been dying to get out some of my thoughts to you all in hindi, and now finally I am able to. It's about time, blogger. :)

But, for the sake of my readers, I will blog in english tonight. And I'd like to give a shout out to my friends who have been holding down their respective forts solo - to Rachel, who has the unenviable position of being on the 'staying home end' of john's 10-day road trip, and to Alicia O, who may also be in the same position. I was feeling a little down this evening, because josh had his first evening meeting tonight that he's had in a very long time. And, poor me, I had to put the girls to bed by myself. Then I remembered my friends rachel and alicia, and decided to quit feeling sorry for myself.

plus, I get uninterrupted computer time all to myself if josh is gone. :)

I can't believe that it's almost friday here. It just seems like we had a weekend, and now it's time for another one. The crazy thing is, I can't exactly remember what I got done during the weekends. Was there any one single productive thing? Actually, we did have to go to the police station this morning at the cock-a-doodle-doo hour of 8am to renew our visas. So, not counting that, what exactly have I been doing this week?? that's a good question.

Maybe I'll try to answer that next week.

In other random thoughts, my brilliant husband took a big language test to gauge his fluency last weekend. I'm sure he did really good, as I think he is very much the language stud around here. But he has to wait until next month to know how he did.

I've decided that emma's french braids are here to stay. I've actually started doing two french braids, as if she needed to be any cuter, but she is. She's so cute.

since I've resumed my no-chocolate or other dairy products business, I seem to have transitioned to eating marshmallows, graham crackers and skittles to help soothe my sweet tooth. but it's just not the same, I tell you. It's not the same.

we went to mcdonalds for dinner tonight, and emma had to go potty in the middle of dinner. Taking a toddler to the potty in asia is definetly not something that can be accomplished with one hand, or with divided attention (ie, while holding a baby). I was by myself with both girls...and then I just handed off mantha to these two innocent-looking college girls that were perfect strangers while I took emma to the bathroom. Wow, second-child syndrome is taking over - I never would have imagined doing that with emma.

I have absolutely nothing else interesting to say. What are you guys up to?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Rach,
Thanks for the shout out. I am really getting ready for John to be home, not just because we all miss him but also because I am ready for a break! We stayed home today because it rained off/on all day--decided it was a good day to fix puzzles!

I'd love to see the pictures of Emma and her braids! I don't know how to french braid so you'll have to teach me . . . :)

Hope you all have a great weekend!
Love,
Rachel

Anonymous said...

I'm with Rachel on the braids pic! And yes...after a week, I am no longer single! :)

Alicia O

Anonymous said...

Racho...Emma's braids are even cuter on the webcam. We are so impressed with her singing and Mantha's words. Yes, once you get past 1 child...you just never know what's going to happen when you go out somewhere. We usually had Holly and KT under control (strapped in various contraptions) while you and Dustin were hiding under the clothing racks at Foley's. Love you..MIMI

Anonymous said...

OKAY.....I am looking forward to those pictures of the french braids too. I haven't had the opportunity to braid hair in a while and that really brought back memories!!!
My Katie is here this weekend ....maybe she will let me...just one more time:)
As I sat there last night visiting with my daughter...all grown up....I thought of you and those two little dolls. Just 27 years ago I was in your place....(well not China) but believe me Western Kansas is probably closer to the "ends of the earth" thank China these days:)
Notice I said "just" I know you have heard it before but wow....it seems like just yesterday I was braiding hair and painting tiny fingernails!
Thanks for sharing so much....as a family blog-watcher...I really look forward to each message!
Have a good weekend.
Love you all
Marilyn