Monday, April 14, 2008

bathtime!

I remember last year when tom and rikki came to visit us, they made some casual remark about "being able to get things done while the girls were taking baths" or something like that. I remember marveling at the statement, because at that time I could not imagine bathtime as being anything BUT me standing at rapt attention at the side of the tub for the first sign of slip, a fall, or a any other slight blip from a child. Further, imagine the horror if one of them got too rowdy in the tub or was too playful with the other...in only a second, my mind drifted to very scary things. No, I thought, it will be like, five years before they take baths without me in the room.

Ok. Maybe like five months. (well, it was actually longer than that, but it fit well in the story). Fast forward to now, where my girls L-O-V-E playing in the tub. Together. Without me. As in, they specifically ask me to leave. I'm usually washing the dinner dishes during bathtime, so I'm only like four steps away from any unforseen calamity, but still it seems to have become a prerequisite for bathtime that mama is not there.

Our house is small enough to where you can pretty much hear everything from every room anywhere, and I always seem to be making several trips into the bathroom to break up fights, AND I always supervise closely...which allowed me to get these cute pictures last night of my little bath mermaids...


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It doesn't seem like that long ago to me when you played in the bathtub..although I know you can't imagine that. They are beautiful mermaids just like you were! You still are beautiful..inside and out! I love you, sweet Rachel. Have they seen, "The Little Mermaid?" Does Mimi need to send it??? It was one of your very favorites. I found your little fanny pack that you got at Disney World the first time we went. It's in mint condition. It was in a box..safe and hidden. I want the girls to have it. MOM

O Fam said...

Ok...you have been a busy blogger lately! Love all the pics! Mantha is getting SOOO big, and is changing into such a grown up girl. Much love to you all!