I've had my eye on it for several months now. Whenever I pass it on the way home from somewhere, I crane my neck to see how it is. Its progress is important to me. I want to know how it is doing.
It's the new, first-in-our-city, drive through restaurant. A KFC, just down the street from my house, has set the bar for automotive convenience. I am morbidly curious to find out how it will do.
We stopped by there the other day - actually planned it into our weekly meal schedule - to satisfy my curiosity.
There are big signs everywhere, with bold arrows, showing drivers where you need to pull in. Oh, and also big curbs and speed bumps and prickly things that persuade you not to veer off the path. Since this is the first drive-through people will have used, my opinion is that you can't have too many arrows.
For example, this person does not know that you aren't really supposed to WALK through the drive through lane. This is potentially dangerous.
And another example is this nice old grandmother. She doesn't yet know that this lane is actually reserved for cars. I wondered if she really tried to order food; if she did, did they inform her that drive thru's are not generally walk-ups? She could just go in and order in the nice warm restaurant.
It's brand new. And really pretty. And uncommonly upscale for a KFC.
This is not your podunk USA KFC. This is a high class dining experience.
If I had hours to spend, I'd camp outside the drive through lane...just to watch and see what happens. But for now, it's just nice to know that if I needed to swing by and get dinner, I can do it from the comfort of my own taxi....I think.
4 comments:
the lady standing in the drive through line CRACKS ME UP! it's just so typical. hehe...I LOVE it! While we were in asia land the first drive through McD's went in in a district of our city. It was mass hysteria!
hooray for upscale KFCs! :)
We all need some humor from time to time. I appreciate this story. It made me smile!! : )
MIMI
i love me some kfc any day. i think i'll move to chiner just so i can dine at this upscale establishment:) tell emma and mantha hello for me please!!!
holly
we have a new one too....I want to go through on my dian dan che!!! But...I haven't yet.
Post a Comment