Wednesday, July 29, 2009

unique

Abby.

She's not Emma.  Not Samantha.  She's her own little self, with her own little idiosyncrasies.

Sure, she's got the square face that Emma had.

And she squawks like a seriously angry pterodactyl, even when she's happy...which is exactly what big sister Samantha did.

But, she's different too. 

For example, she does this:

All the time:

Every day:
None of my other kids did it:

Maybe she's a member of an alien life form and is trying to communicate with me in code.  

If she is, I don't understand.  

But I still love her.  

10 comments:

Jennifer said...

She's trying to say I love you in sign language, but doesn't have the fine motor skills to tuck the two middle fingers down, so she hides them in her mouth. :)

Anonymous said...

She is a finger sucker like her gigi

Brigitte said...

So sweet! What a cutie pie! It's been fun to see you post pics of your girls at the same age. You can definitely tell they are related. I had to double-check the Emma/Abby pictures. Quite a resemblance!

Anonymous said...

I love the pics...and I was a finger sucker too.......
Genetic?????

sandra said...

So sweet. Those fingers can be so delicious! And don't forget- extremely convenient!

Morello Madness said...

Oh how cute! That's what Peter used to do. Then, he moved to his pointer and middle fingers. Oh, the memories!

Don't forget...We have the Melva Stop when you need it...

mlambchopper said...

Ditto what KT, trying to be anonymous, said. I remember her always being a finger sucker. I did that, too. So looks like Abby got it from both sides...Gigi & Me. I always heard or made up that babies that suck their fingers are the happiest and most content. :)
Sure enough..Abby is a dolly. We love you, Rach.
Mom

Anonymous said...

Mom that was not my comment but nice try. Looks like to me she is throwin up those texas longhorns... which is silly because WE LOVE OU!

KATIE

Anonymous said...

The Anonymous was me...sorry I forgot to add my Name....
How interesting tho...I never knew we had so many finger suckers in the family.
Love you all
Marilyn

O Fam said...

maybe she is a closet longhorn fan....maybe j can work with her on that?

love you guys!