Remember back when Samantha was in the hospital and I was all weirded out about the noise level in my house? When it felt lonely even though there were plenty of people in it?
Well, one of those days, I was just sitting on the couch - yes, just sitting there, not doing one single thing - and I realized I HAD to get out of the house. I packed up Abby, told Emma to grab her shoes, and we headed out.
To paint our nails.
We are - at this writing, anyway - still a family of girls.
We chose a nail salon that's part of a bigger shopping mall. Two bucks lets my girls choose any Nail Art design they want. That's cheap entertainment.
Once Abby saw how big Emma looked up there, she hopped up on a stool and waited for her turn.
Emma chose hot pink with Hawaiian flowers:
Abby wasn't still enough for the hawaiian flowers, but she got the hot pink.
She could barely reach up over the glass counter.
We went right before lunch when the place was dead and all the counters were open and waiting for customers. It's such a great deal and gave us something to do. To take our minds off how much we missed Mantha.
And it gave Emma some extra incentive to stop biting her nails. Again.
I took Samantha a few days after she returned, and she chose glittery blue with the same flowers. We're a family of girls. No way around it.
6 comments:
What a perfect solution for feeling out-of-sorts! I love that polish on you girls. Abby looks so grown up getting nail polish.
I've heard stories about moms who let their little girls paint their brother's fingers..aka Dustin getting his nails painted for your famous tie dye Halloween photo shoot. He was always...ALL BOY..WITH OR W/O NAIL POLISH!
I was up tonight unable to sleep and I was thinking about the following scenario:
Rachel calls Mimi to come over and play with Mantha, Emma, and Abby while she goes shopping..ALONE! OR..
Mimi calls Rachel and says, "Would you and the girls like to go to the grocery store?" All 5 girls and perhaps Aunt Kate go to Walmart. Sounds exciting, huh?
Nevertheless, we await the upcoming arrival and we are sending our prayers for these days ahead while you wrap up and deal with all loose ends. We love you so very much, and we are all excited..Everyone on both sides of the family, I know, is getting excited that it's less than a month away and you'll be back in the USA. :) YEA!!!! :)
xoxox
Mom
What a great
mom you are to go nail painting to relieve heartache. Abby is just darling--could her eyes get any bigger. I say Emma is a little lady for sure. WE are all so glad Samantha is home--all our friends who r\pryed for her are asking how she is feeling. We are so thankgul for her recovery. Can't wait to see you sweetoes. Nana
I feel that the Hawaiian flowers were a tribute to me....no?? Either way I'm totally a fan!! Also, tell Emma her aunt Holly still bites her nails and really wishes she had stopped at a young age!!! abby looks like a little doll sitting there getting her nails done. so glad mantha is feeling better!!! :)aloha!
Holly
WONDERFUL! :)
One of the things we like to do when the "girls" get together...or just mother and I are to get our nails done. It is such a fun and special time for the "girls" no matter who is in the group.
I just love it!
and I love you...
Take care and come home safe and soon.
:)
Marilyn
I'm soooooo totally looking forward to cheap manicure dates with my daughter. Looks like you three had fun, even if you were missing someone special!!
How fun!! And two dollars!!! Wow. I love it!
Post a Comment