Emma (and everyone else in the family) has been battling some allergy/sinus issues. We're all stopped up and sneezy.
Emma got all puffy-eyed and then commented that she wants to sneeze, but can't. Boy, do I know how she feels!
She was quiet for a moment, rubbed her nose with the napkin I gave her and asked me:
"How do you say (snot) in English?"
The local word for "snot" is so concise and polite, that my kids have never actually learned the English word for it. Even when Josh and I speak to them on snotty subjects, we use the local word.
In our own ways, we're all getting ready to go back. Josh is handling scheduling and wrapping up details here. I'm in charge of packing, sorting, storing, and trying not to yell. The girls are dealing with the gradual disappearance of their favorite toys, books, blankets and other precious items.
Today, I saw just how much Emma is mentally preparing to go live in a country she really knows nothing about.
Snot has a way of clarifying things for you.
3 comments:
Aww- I will be thinking about you guys as you make all preparations to head back! I remember all to well what it was like to pack up and leave while pregnant with my baby boy!
We too have been preparing our kids for a vacation in the US. We have spent A LOT of time talking about the difference in table manners between here and there. Whew - that is a lot for our kids to take in!
I love introducing different thoughts - like a water fountain or reminding them about the joy that is a backyard... :)
Every day I get a little more excited..sort of in disbelief that you are really going to come home. Emma cam steal my heart with just a question..even about snot.
If we all do our job right, the girls will love America and so will the precious new baby boy.
We love you all, Rachel!
Momma
Wow... that's bizarre. Do y'all speak the local language all the time, or just certain words all the time?
I'm sure that being around family and wonderful Grandparents will ease any transition issues your girls might have had!
Post a Comment