Tuesday, June 08, 2010

recovery and other items

I was sorting through my pictures the other day - a job I've been needing to do for a while - and I came across this picture that was taken the day before we crashed the hospital in BJ. Everyone was playing, except for Samantha who had no energy and no interest at all in moving. No wonder, since there were all sorts of stomach contents emptying into her insides, but anyway...

This was when I still thought she just had a bug, or ate something weird. I had the camera out taking pictures of Abby climbing in and out of a box, so I considerately snapped one of her feeling miserable. I'm a great mom, huh?

Then - get this - I said, "Can't you even give me a little smile?" I think I just won an award for Loser Mom.
Samantha has now been home from the hospital almost a week and seems to be doing well. She's started gaining back some weight, which has done some good for her skinny frame. She's loved having her sisters around to play with, and gradually she has stopped complaining of stomach pain. I think all in all, things are looking up.

Emma and Abby and I had a great time planning a welcome home party for Samantha, and drove all over town looking for the perfect balloons. (I know the balloons you're seeing in that picture don't likely meet your criteria of "perfect"...but our standards have relaxed a bit, considering what we have to work with!)

When Samantha came home and crashed on the bed to rest, Emma snuggled right up next to her and offered to read her a stack of books. I loved watching them spend time together and enjoy each other's company.
We have a little less than four weeks left here in our house, and so we are starting to feel the crunch of packing, sorting, and purging. There are still lots of things to tie up, but for now, we're happy to report that the family is back together and doing well.

Over and out -
Eggrollmama

7 comments:

sandra said...

So glad to know Samantha is home and on the mend. Bless her heart. Thinking of you all as you pack and prepare for the adventure that awaits!

Anonymous said...

I am so thankful that all seems to be better. I am sure the next few weeks will be so busy and I will be praying that all goes well as you travel.
Love you
Marilyn

Anonymous said...

Samantha, I am so happy you are home now. I hope you are feeling better. I am sorry you were sick. Looking forward to seeing you all soon. Love GeGe

Michael & Autumn said...

Glad to hear all is well! I've been checking daily hoping for some good news. Have fun these next few weeks preparing for your travels! Hug those OKC friends for us! :)

Anonymous said...

Dear Ones--especially Samantha --so glad to have all of you back together. Rachel, you are the best mother I know so stop paying attention to the wrong voices. Just thinking of how much you have to do just boggles my mind. But we will have you home and and we can ardly wait. We love you all so much. Nana

Rachel said...

I'm so glad she's back home and well!! Poor thing...
And - four weeks!!! Poor you. Yikes.

mlambchopper said...

Ahh..just thinking I could not go one more day without hearing from you or reading a blog. I know, I'm ridiculous. We have all been worried and praying for little Mantha. I told someone the other day..it's almost here..I'm not ready. Then...I thought of all you have to do, and I quickly shut up. May grace abound, precious Rachel and group. :) I love you.
Momma