Tonight, thanks to Josh's parents (tickets) and my parents (childcare), Josh and I went to the OU game. I was glad I had made it to this point, because I'd been having nightly contractions for three nights. Friday evening, I thought our chances of making to the game were pretty slim, but the contractions stopped and we proceeded as usual.
Friday afternoon I'd had a few contractions (which started earlier than annoying, right-before-bed-usual) and they were nothing that made me think we shouldn't go to the game, so we hopped in the car and went.
We had a lovely time at the game, and I found myself (as usual) getting caught up in all the pre-game fun. I loved watching the bands come out, the Sooner Schooner, the flags, the pregame video on the big-screen...I'm such a sucker for those sorts of things. Then, somewhere along the pregame route, I had this idea that Josh should bring Emma to a game. After that point, it's like I saw everything through Emma's eyes - the cheerleaders, the mascots, the fireworks. And, I'm not even kidding, I started getting misty-eyed thinking about how much she'd enjoy it. Even a little weepy. I couldn't even make it through the national anthem without getting choked up, thinking of my little girl getting a chance to be a part of a big game.
I'm seriously such a sap. Please don't tell anyone I was weepy before a football game.
We did leave a little early - even before the game was totally decided - just because we wanted to avoid traffic. I know, I know...what kind of a fan am I?
Apparently, I'm the kind of fan who escaped having a baby in the stadium by perhaps just hours. Ok, that sounds a little dramatic. Actually, it must have been the walk back to the car that got things started because I've been having regular contractions since then. And these are the kind where I'm NOT going back to sleep (since it is 2:30am)...the kind that rate slightly more annoying than the ones that DO allow you to go sleep.
While Josh worked on some emails that needed to go out, I laid in bed and complained that I didn't want to have the baby tonight, that I was too tired, and all I wanted to do was go to sleep. If only my body would have listened...
I suppose it's not a done deal yet. Everything could stall out; even as I sit here and type and get my mind off my contracting uterus, it seems that they maybe aren't as strong as they were. But things certainly feel like they're going...and after having done this three times, I have a feeling where this is headed.
I'll be sure to keep you posted if we head to the hospital and if baby boy is born. In the meantime, I hope I either go back to sleep or find something to do to get my mind off how much I wish I COULD go back to sleep...!
3 comments:
Rach! So excited to read this, I am praying for you all the time. The game sounded really fun, more fun than contractions (!), but we are so happy that the sweet baby boy might be making his appearance soon. Keep us posted. You know, since you don't have anything else to do!
Love and prayers sent your way!
Rachel
Praying Praying and eagerly awaiting news!!!!
Love
E
I'm sorry, sweetheart. I'm just happy you are 9 minutes away instead of cruising the streets of Bangkok with contractions. We're so excited. I'm hoping he'll love me! Mom
Post a Comment