Not long after our sun-soaked selves returned home, it was time to start thinking about Easter activities. In my heart, I wanted to plan a huge, all-out Easter egg hunt like I've done before but I just didn't have it in me this year! I also wanted to make sure that I was saving my best energy for focusing my family's hearts on the Resurrection and making sure there was energy left over to include our neighbors in the holiday as well....so a small egg hunt it was.
One Wednesday morning, we walked across the street to a friend's house to utilize their patch of grass for the egg hunt. The same baskets I made Emma and Samantha four years ago are still hanging in there pretty well. Abby found a sack to use, and was perfectly pleased with it.
I love watching my girls do things together. Though it's not always a smooth endeavor, the big girls are pretty good about keeping Abby involved in what they're doing. Abby does have a way of pushing and shoving her way into an activity, but her heart gets broken when she's left out! =(
What's cuter than watching your girls walking hand-in-hand down the street?
On the way, we passed by the pool we enjoyed so much last summer. It's nice to know they're getting it cleaned...but I think we've still got at least another month to go before it opens. I was hoping it would be open before my parents got here, but I don't think it's gonna happen.
Because of varied ages and abilities, we had two egg hunts - one for the littles and one for the bigs. The big kids got to hide eggs for the little kids, and they thought that was pretty cool. This picture marks the first time Abby has left a ponytail in her hair for more than 25 seconds.
Silas LOVED the egg hunt. As soon as he discovered there was candy in the eggs, he was all-in. He may have resorted to stealing eggs from his sisters' baskets...
Ha! Yes, my crew is 66% of this egg hunt! Doing such a small one was so easy and relaxing! The weather was great and it was nice to have a few minutes to chat with my other mom-friend while our kids took years off their lives consuming massive amounts of candy.
My man Silas loves snacks. It's a little scary, actually.

During the actual Easter weekend and the weekend after, we had two egg dyeing parties in our apartment complex. I can't believe we've never done it before - we had such a great time! Children, parents and grandparents all huddled around our little table to participate. Any easter picture round-up would be sorely incomplete without including this picture of our resident rock-star egg dyeing kid.










No comments:
Post a Comment