While many of you are just starting out your Mother's Day, we're ending it over here. Mine was filled with such encouraging affirmation from my husband and my children, each of them sharing and doing something special to show their love for me. I felt loved and appreciated and ready to tackle another round of dishes and another week of homeschool. Certainly, to have even made it this far in my motherhood journey, I have been the beneficiary of much grace.
But I think what's amazing is the number of single moms who go on doing the laundry and picking up the spilled cheerios and taking the kids to school and tucking in, and kissing boo-boos, and changing diapers- all the same stuff I do - but without the affirmation and encouragement. Certainly, the grace they receive must be staggering, and I know it must be because the Lord promises He will give us all that we need for every good work. And Motherhood is a pretty good work!
In other Mothers Day news, did you know that my very own mother is coming to visit us in one week?!? My dad is coming too and they'll be staying long enough to actually enjoy it over here instead of being jet-lagged the whole time! We are so excited to see them and are eagerly counting down these last few days. Happy Mothers Day, mama! We can't wait to see you!
I also have a fabulous mother-in-law and grandmother too; I strongly believe that if word got out about how incredible they are, they'd never be able to live their lives in peace because there would be lines a mile long of people wanting to be their friends. They're truly that awesome. Happy Mothers Day, Debbie and Nana! You are loved so dearly!
My last piece of Mother's Day news is passing on a link to a great post I read today from the desiring God blog. (Are there ever bad posts on the dg blog? Hmmm...I didn't think so.)
May all you moms get a chance to put your feet up and not have to cook or clean today!
Yeah, right....
2 comments:
Happy Mother's Day to you, Miss Rach. You are such a trasure and I am so glad your little girls and baby boy made your feel loved and appreciated--and I am thankful for Josh for realizing what a wonderful sweet lady you are. We've had a wonderful weekend celebratng Mindy's graduation and also Mother's Day. YOur Mother is wild to get to see all of y ou. Take lots of pics and make her remember everything to tell us. I love you all so very much. Nana
So glad that one of the most inspiring moms I know had such a
great mothers day!!! Thanks for sharing and helping all of us mothers take time to reflect and ponder just how much grace is showered on us day after day! Love and miss ya!
Post a Comment