Tuesday, September 05, 2006

liberation

I think our little daughter emma is going to be one of those people who love to set captives free (trying to be like Who we all want to be like!) The reason I feel this way is because every morning when emma wakes up (or, at least when we finally hear her screaming for milk...) we lift her out of bed and put her on the ground for us to walk to the kitchen together. But, before we make it two steps out of her room, she starts running back to her room. With a frantic, panicked look on her face, she yells the names of all her toys still captured inside her bed. I think she assumes that since she herself has been let out of that terrible cage, all her pet stuffed animals must also be freed too. One by one they come out..."puppy"...."puppy, one more"..."ish"..."dora-dora"...until they are all safely outside the mesh walls of the prison cell. Free at last, free at last. Thank God Almight, we're free at last.

No comments: