Wednesday, September 27, 2006

oh, what a difference a day makes!

Well, yesterday was Samanta's 101 days...as in "she's been alive 101 days". In america, that's not such a big deal, but in this country, the "100 days" is really special. All the parents go to take thier kids to get pictures taken and all sorts of things. When Emma was 100 days old (or really more like 103 days...) we took her to get pictures too. I was busy on Samantha's actual 100th day, so I figured, "what can one more day hurt?" I'm just counting a very rough 100 days! So in the interest of creating equality between my offspring, I thought Samantha deserved 100 day pics as well.

I must admit, I was dreading the ordeal. Emma's photo shoot turned into a three day ordeal: day 1 - go the studio...emma cried the whole time because all the "helpful assistants" were shouting in her face to get her to smile. day 2 - returned because no good shots came from day 1. Day 3 - go to pick out which shots we wanted. Finally, we got our pictures and we were really happy, but not without a fair amount of drama.

Yesterday when Emma was sleeping, I took off with samantha. (josh was at home, of course.) I waffled the entire taxi ride to the studio - am I really up for this today? should I just go home and forget the whole thing? is this going to be worth it?

I'm so glad I went! When we got there, I picked out the package I wanted, fed samantha, she fell asleep for about 30 minutes, and when she woke up, she was the happiest child in the world! (actually, she is normally really easy going and laid back so I shouldn't have been TOO surprised) We put her first outfit on - she smiled at everything anyone did. We moved to outfit #2 - more smiles. Wow, this is easy! Outfit #3, and then the traditional "no clothes" pic...and we were done. I was shocked, baffled, and so so pleased. Samantha was an angel - and we have great pictures to prove it! (we just have to wait for 3 weeks or something like that)


Emma has some exciting news she wanted me to share: her missing 4th bottom tooth has been found! Just a few days ago, he started to sprout up and pretty soon, she will look like a normal human with matching top and bottom teeth! We were so proud, we almost threw her a party!

Speaking of parties, Mr. Eggroll's birthday is tomorrow....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mr Eggroll,
You're getting OLD !
Enjoyed the pictures and wanted to wish you a HAPPY 28th BIRTHDAY! We love you !
Houston trip saturday to see Joe go down !
Papa & Granny